Chapter 1

(Syanne's POV)

Girls, I want you all to get ready. There will be a person here in the next few minutes to adopt one of you. I want you to be on your best behavior, and to look your best. Grace says.

She's one of the twelve nuns that help run the orphanage. She turns to face us with a smile an on her small wrinkled face.

Yes, ma'am. We all say in unison giving our utmost respect.

I start to make my way to the stairs which leads to the floor where the girls and I all sleep. Before I could make it to the third step, I am stopped by the call of my name.

Syanne... I want you to help Sarah get ready, please. You know how many times she was slow at getting dressed before. She says turning to me hold a child that looks to be the age of three years old.

No problem... I'll have her ready before you know it. I say taking Sarah from the arms of Grace then starts to head up the stairs once again.

Oh no, missy, no problem doesn't cut it around here. She says to me waiting.

Yes, sister Grace. I say smiling and squinting my eyes at her. She gives a small laugh while walking away.

Once I finally finish dressing Sarah she gives me a huge smile, showing some of her teeth are missing. She's such a cute kid I'll have to say.

Sister Lena can be heard welcoming someone into the orphanage.

Oh man, they are here now. Right before I could get dressed. I say looking at Sarah. She just there smiling and twirling her hair.

Yeah, you're going to be a hit out there. I say laughing and setting her down off the bed.

I just don't care anymore about all the faking, for what just to get rejected again no thank you.

I look at myself in the full-length mirror. I think my night clothing looks decent enough to wear. I say giving myself a once over.

 I say giving myself a once over

I grab Sarah and rush downstairs, we get to the bottom of the stairs where all the girls are lined up or running around.

In walks a short framed woman, she looks so pretty and familiar. She walks over to Grace and they conversate for a bit.

Grace then turns to us. She introduces the familiar-looking woman.

Young ladies, this is Ms. Jackson she's here to adopt one of your little ones. For my older girls you may go back to what the we're doing and I apologize for interrupting. Grace says looking over to the group of teen girls.

I take another look at the lady. She was short, her skin was the color of brown sugar, her hair touch the middle of her back. She was really pretty.

I take one last look before going back upstairs, to finish reading one of my books

I take one last look before going back upstairs, to finish reading one of my books. I love to read fantasy books.

Those books are where I can escape from reality where I wouldn't have to worry about anything.

I would also sing and dance. I could dance to just about anything that sounds like music. This one time I literally begin to dance to the girls washing dishes.

I lay back on my bed smiling at old memories of try to make life the best I can being here.

( Janet's POV)

This way Ms. Jackson if you may. Says the one of the many nun, showing me to the living room. There in the room were a dozen girls or so that were there was lined up.

They were little girls and not teenagers. I look around for the older girls they was no where to be seen.

Ms. Jackson the girls are waiting. The nun says looking at me questionably and a bit confused.

Sister...? I start to speak but instantly stop not knowing her name.

Grace... Sister Grace Ms. Jackson. She say bringing her hands behind her.

Sister Grace all of these girls are very cute and beautiful but... I pull her close to whisper on her ear , so the girls won't hear.

Sister Grace I was looking for someone more older. Like between age fourteen through eighteen. I say looking at her.

Are you sure those children are the most troubled from their past. Some of them can be quite dangerous. She says looking like I'm crazy.

I think I can handle it Sister Grace. My brother has three children of his own, and I've had a hand in raising him. I say with confidence.

Okay, girls you can go and play. She says giving a dismissive wave. The girls run off shortly after, and we stand there watching them as they play getting along well.

The nun turns and she calls out for the older girls.

Lisa, Kelly, Riley, Brittney, Tasha, Stacey, Syanne, and Olivia.... you girls come here for a moment please. She calls walking into a place that looks like dinning hall.

Three of the girls show up in a group together first. Four more soon after come in from outside by themselves.

OH My GOSH! It's Janet Jackson!! I love all your songs and I'm a huge fan of yours. One of the girls from the group of three says covering her mouth as she smiles big, looking surprised.

Girls show your manners and introduce yourself to Ms. Jackson please. Sister Grace says.

I'm Brittney and these are my friends Tasha and Stacey. She says pointing to a blonde and brown haired girl standing behind her. So she must be the Queen Bee of the place.

I'm Riley and theses girls next to me are my sisters, Lisa and Kelly. She says. All of them are they same height, have the same features in the face, and the same red hair, so they must be triplets.

And I'm Olivia. The girl with the staker look says too me she has on a beanie and her hair is really short and curly it's dyed blue at the ends.

Is that all of you. I say looking around for more girls to come in.

No there's one more Ms. Jackson but, I don't know where that girl could have gone in such a short amount of time. Sister Grace says.

Girls where is Syanne? She asks the girls.

That loser is probably upstairs in her room being depressed. Brittney says and the two girls behind her start laughing.

Would one of you go get her from up there for me you know how my legs are. I not as young as I use to be. She say rubbing her knees.

Well we're not talking to that loser. I don't like her and neither do they. Brittney says speaking for the girls behind her.

When we went and got her the last time we missed being picked. Kelly says pointing to her and her sisters.

I don't feel like it. I mean Sister Grace if she isn't down here, that mean she doesn't care anymore. Says Olivia.

I'll go get her for sister. I don't mind truly I don't. I say touch the sister's shoulder. Where is her room? I said a bit disappointed that none of these young girls would do a simple task for someone who has taken care of them since they were little.

On the second floor last door on the right shouldn't be hard to miss, she always has her music on and singing. Sister Grace says before telling the girls about wrong choice of words and how to show their elders respect.

Thank you, I'll be right back. I say before walking up the stairs.