Chapter4: Years later

Start from the beginning

They weren't suited for combat or trained, still they were perfectly fit physically yet they couldn't catch him.

At the end, they lost him when he switched between left and right in those tidy pathways.

Dawn Pov

Following the lesser spirit, I soon found myself in a dead end as the spirit just crossed through the wall...This isn't Harry Potter where I would walk through the wall myself...

I guess this is where I'm going to stop...still now I know someone who is knowledgeable in spirit summoning is here.

I don't know if it's a traveler or a random individual crossing Muth...but I have to find him.

This might also be a trap as using a lesser spirit as bait to attract talented people who can see them.

My skill : Reader allow me that but it should be normal due to the fact that spirits are visible to the common population.

The trap then is more possible...a trap that aims for people talented or strong enough to bypass the spell they used to make the spirit invisible.

But then why would the spirit who are known to be good willed follow such a master ?

Dawn : Spirit slavery ?

The words just left my mouth when I suddenly felt something crash onto me...the left side of my body hurting...I felt for the first time an uncontrollable pain...

Dawn : Ugh !

???: Bingo, we got a good catch. The boss is gonna be happy.

Barely holding on to my consciousness, I looked up and saw a man cladded in random bandit clothes...

Dammit, this dead end was the location of their trap...and stayed motionless like an idiot and I can't beat a grown man right now.

And on top of that, he is an npc !

Ending my thought process as I went unconscious.

3rd Pov

It was only hours later, when he finally woke up in a basement.

Opening his eyes, he found himself in a complicated situation as both his hand and legs were tied, a piece of rubber covering his mouth.

Dawn : (Did I really get into one of those cliche scenes ? And also couldn't they just tie my hand to the wall...this reminds me of r34...)

Sighing internally, he didn't appear panicked or agitated...perhaps it was because he knew the pattern of such an event.

Also he was surely going to be sold so they cannot hurt him too badly in case of damaging the merchandise.

Now, he needed to focus so he would know how long he was out and where he was.

Dawn : (This basement is dark but it seems a unique skill : Reader allows me to see in any kind of environment like a night vision, huh...useful.)

Scanning the surroundings, Dawn managed to determine a few things using his skill...weeks ago he had randomly stumbled on a book architecture.
The way this basement was founded on a large pillar along with the raw materials used helped Dawn define that this basement was located within Muth, in the northern part.

Dawn : (Coupled to that, the north sector is known for its illegal and corrupt activity.)

Now, he wanted to identify how long he was unconscious but that was impossible...the room was fully closed with no source of light.

Dawn : (Still, i am in the position of the hostage, if we follow the basic schema of a kidnapping in anime...then there must be a hero who will come save me or...is it me who had to escape?)