Extras - sirius loves her

a little insight into sirius' perspective over the years

p.s i want to rewrite this from sirius' but if i do it would probably be a next year thing ://

Sirius Black was sure that his mother had been trying to set him up with her since the day she was born.

He wasn't sure because he couldn't remember, but he was willing to place a very hefty bet that from the moment his mother first saw her, she had began praising her beauty and he was sure that she hadn't stopped since.

He had vague memories when he was a baby of his mother cooing at her and rambling on about how gorgeous she was. Sure, Sirius was barely a year a old, but he swears that his mother would do it so often, that the memory was ingrained in his mind at such a young age.

Because that was all he would hear.

'Don't you think she's just adorable?'

'She's just so stunning.'

'She's the prettiest little girl I've ever seen.'

So maybe, when Sirius was a few years older and could actually speak and form his own thoughts, his mothers constant pestering about her beauty had managed to seep into his mind. Sirius was still too young to be interested in girls, but he knew that beautiful meant something nice to look at, and she was nice to look at.

She always had nice dresses on, her hair always combed to perfection - even as a young girl - and she had a cheeky smile that his mother used to say would one day get her in trouble.

Sirius didn't understand. There were many things he did that she said would get him in trouble one day. When he spoke back: 'That mouth of yours is going to get you into trouble one day, Sirius Orion Black.' When he grumbled and moaned about going to all the fancy events: 'That attitude of yours is going to get you into trouble one day, Sirius Orion Black.' But when she said it about her it sounded different and this annoyed Sirius. 'Oh my,' she had exclaimed when they were barely six years old, 'that smile of yours is going to get you into trouble one day.' She even laughed, 'don't know how anyone could ever say no to you.'

But even when Sirius was a tiny bit older and he had a very vague understanding that girls could be pretty, he still thought she was pretty. Even if he still wasn't sure how much of this thought was his mother's doing.

She was his friend, of course he found her pretty. She was always shy at first, but Sirius knew how to get her talking and as soon as she started giggling at his idiotic ways, he couldn't help but laugh with her, even if he didn't really find it funny.

She was gentle and kind to him when not everyone in that society was, and Sirius began to understand that beautiful didn't just have to mean something nice to look at.

And when Sirius was a little bit older still, a year or two before he would be off to Hogwarts, he had a pretty good feeling that even if his mother hadn't been constantly nagging him about her beauty since the moment he was born, he would still find her pretty.

He wasn't sure what it was. There were other girls in their society, close to his age, but he didn't think they were pretty like he thought she was pretty. Sure, they dressed nice and there was never a hair out of place, just like her.

But there was something missing.

Sirius didn't think about it too much, she was his friend and that was all.

Even at this age he knew that he was a black sheep in his familiy and in this society and he knew that none of his thoughts or beliefs aligned with those of the people around him and he had a sneaky suspicion that this had impacted who he found pretty.