AUTHOR'S NOTE

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW FOR MORE! I cherish ALL your comments dearly.

We're here, at the end, sweet readers. 

This book was unlike anything I've ever written. It took an entire year and a half for me to get the characters right. And it took me longer to come up with an ending. It feels—well, strange to share it all with you. 

So many changes have happened in my life since I began this book, and I can't help but thank all of you for pushing me to finish it. This book nearly didn't find an end because the concepts were, at times, too sophisticated for me to even put into words. But what a feeling that is, to finish my third novel!

My largest inspirations were albums by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran—in my opinion, the greatest lyricists of our generation. I listened to Midnights when Marisol and Erik were beginning to realize their friendship, and Lover, when Reese would listen to the secrets of the world told to him by Drew. And of course, Folklore, when Thema was contemplating life itself.

I'm used to writing contemporary fiction, so this book proved to be quite difficult to compose. In fact, there's a WHOLE OTHER UNRELEASED BOOK somewhere in my drafts that I stopped writing to pursue this one. Something about this story inspired me—took me hostage in the most beautiful way imaginable.

I hope you take pieces of my book into your own life and share them with others. Sometimes when you can't see your fate, or are not sure you have one, create your own destiny.

As always, stay tuned.

PS: Favorite Aureate Fates character? Mine is Reese.