"Our mission ended and Talia had come to collect us. It was only a few months ago that we escaped and found grandfather. You know why we had to leave after Damian turned ten. We did think of returning to you, but we had to completely disappear and grandfather was our only option." Jason said after a moment, faced turned to the sea. "Bàoqiàn ràng nǐ dānxīnle." It was quite for a longer moment, just soaking up the very little peace they had before dawn. 

"I'm just glad you're okay. A note would be nice next time." She said with a soft laugh

"Promise." Marinette answered with a small smirk. "By the way, I got into MIT. I start next semester."

Both her aunt and brother whipped their heads in her direction so quickly, she's surprised they didn't get whip-lash. "So you went with tech. I thought you were gonna go into fashion." Jason said, eyes still wide. The excitement is clear as day.

"I am going into fashion, just my own way. Start my own line someday. I just want to explore more science. Biotechnology more specifically."

"I am proud of you Mari. Both of you. You know that right?" Diana said with a wide smile on her face. The twins smiled back. Their future is looking bright for a change.

---

MAY 2020, GERMANY - BERLIN

"Simple task, two teams. I go with Jason and, Marinette and Damian will go together. First team to get everything on your list first and makes it to self-cheak out first gets to choose the movie. Losers wash the dishes."

"Prepare to get smoked!" Marinette said as Damian got into the cart.

They lost by fifteen minutes. Lilo and Stitch was chosen.

--

JUNE 2020, BERLIN

"Dames, what is nephew in Chinese?" She asked softly as to disturb the other people looking at the art.

"Zhízi. Nephew is zhízi." He answered absentmindedly, still looking at the art.

"So you are my xiǎo zhízi?" She asked with a smile.

"Little nephew? But I'm not little!" He whined.

"To me, you are basically an infant." She said with amusement as she walked to the next painting. He followed her with a pout. 

--

JULY 2020, BERLIN

"I'm not planning to leave you. I'll always be a phone call away." She said as she sat next to her niece on the sofa. It was quite for a long while they sipped their tea.

"We know." She didn't have to explain further.

--

AUGUST 2020, BERLIN

"Come on Jase! This should be easy for you!" Diana said as she skated circles around him.

"Whoever said skateboarding was easy was lying to me!" He shouted back at his aunt.

"Are you calling me a lair?" The amusement was dripping from her voice.

He grumbled as he tried to skate in a straight line once again. He fell, Diana laughed as she helped him up.

---

The shadows danced across the books as they walked thought the library with fire lit torches. Greek, Latin, Egyptian hieroglyphs and many more ancient language titles passed their vision as they made their way to the deepest darkest part of the library. 

"I found something. Look at this." Nino said as he shined the light near a book in his hand. "Hel, the Queen of Death. It says that she answers to no one, has an army of her own, and has the power that rivals that of the Norse fates." He continued to look through the book, not noticing at the looks of surprise Kagami and Damian exchanged.