Ch 5: Deal

I returned to school in time to finish the rest of my classes. But, Billy and I's argument kept lingering on my mind

How could he just think He could talk to me in that way that He wanted to? What made Him have the right to blow up on me like He did?

"Are you okay?" Jonathan whispers to me.

"Yeah, im fine" I reply.

"Are you sure? Usually your really into this class" He chuckles in hopes of making me smile.

"Yea- I well, yeah there is one thing on my mind" I say and shut my book close.

"Im all ears" He says.

"Hargrove" I say lowly.

"O-oh..." He says and backs away. "Why are you thinking about Him?"

"I dont know" I say. "Me and Him had a small argument, but please dont tell anyone k?"

"I wont, but why are you thinking of Him, did you and Micheal break up?" He asks.

"Micheal" I say. "Yeah-I- no we havent broken up"

"Okay" He says. "What did you guys argue about?"

"Well, I just asked Him if I had said anything wrong last night at the party, and we started talking about some other things and well, he got pissed at me for questioning what His dad thinks of Me being in a room where he takes every girl to" I say.

"Room? Im sorry i don- Wait Billys room?" He says. I nod a yes. "You went to his house, Samara why?"

"To talk to him about- yearbook stuff" I say. "I thought we would talk about the party, while I would take his picture"

"You should stay away from Him, Hes bad news" He says.

"Im very responsible" I say. "Im sure I know my surroundings, of where Im at and who I see"

"I know, but just be careful" He says.

"I promise" I say. He nods and continues reading His book.

~~~~~~

I stack by books neatly in my locker, as I get my other books for my next class. In doing so I spot Carol and Tina coming over to me. I shut my locker and look over at them.

"Hey Samara" Carol pops Her gum in Her mouth.

"Hi" I reply with a emotion less smile.

"Look, everything you said last night was seriously fucked up" Tina says, abruptly. "You embarrassed Me, Gillian"

"I dont even rember half of last night Tina" I say. "If I said something wrong, Im truly sorry"

"Oh please Samara, you may have been drunk, but only drunk people say things they are hiding or something they feel strongly about" She says. "Alchol is like a fucking lie detector test and you failed big time"

"Look She said She was sorry okay" Carol says. I look at Carol suprised She would stick up for Me like She just did.

"Whatever" Tina rolls Her eyes. "Nobody rembers anything anyways, I guess I can forget what you said".

"Okay" I say. Her and Tina walk away down the hall. I sigh in frustration and begin walking down the hall.

"Samara" A strong voice says. I ignore Billy and continue walking down the hall. He grabs my upper arm with a gentle squeeze.