My loyal handmaiden gave Duchess Nerma a hard time.

“I understand the heart of Duchess Nerma, although nothing can be more important than the health of Her Majesty the Empress.”

Saying that, she implied that how could the Empress have to take her sick body to go to a social gathering because the nobles were waiting.

“Handmaiden, with all due respect, think about how Her Majesty has established her position?”

At Duchess Nerma’s point, Cisen wrinkled her forehead.

…That is right.

It was thanks to hunting that I established my position here. In other words, power. That day, I came out of the hunting ground without any injuries and proved that I had the power. However, if you lie down and groan just because of menstrual pain, my image may be shattered.

The Actilus women were so strong they did not usually feel menstrual cramps. For such people, the persuasion of ‘menstrual pain varies from person to person, and in severe cases, you may not be able to get up from your seat’ was unlikely to work.

For them, it is just proof of weakness.

…Ha. It is unfair and barbaric.

I glanced at Duchess Nerma’s face.

Because she was also from Actilus, she already had a look on her face that did not resonate with Cisen’s story that I have severe menstrual cramps.

Haha…

Cisen was right, and so was Duchess Nerma.

In the midst of the pain, I somehow came to a conclusion and smiled vaguely. On the other hand, perhaps she thought that she would not be able to communicate with Duchess Nerma, Cisen knelt before me and glanced up.

“You must rest, Your Majesty. Don’t overdo it.”

It was wonderful that she was concerned for my health this much, but unfortunately, I had to raise the hand of Duchess Nerma this time.

“I’m leaving. Bring me some painkillers.”

“Your Majesty!”

Cisen had a look on her face like she was very worried. At the same time, Duchess Nerma bowed gracefully and went to get a pain reliever.

Seeing her like that, I stroked Cisen’s hair and smiled.

“It’s okay. Isn’t this the same body that entered the hunting grounds?

“That’s why I’m more worried. You’ve suffered so much since you came to the Empire…”

My eyes suddenly became watery at her words that were right. It was true that I had to go through a lot of trouble. Thinking it was time, I whispered quickly to Cisen the next moment, very quietly so no one could hear.

“You’re the only one on my side, aren’t you?”

At that, she nodded her head firmly.

“Will you be with me no matter what hardships you face?”

She nodded her head once more.

That was enough.

I smiled warmly.

“I can really rely on you.”

And, I did not forget to leave a subtle bait for Cisen.

“Actually, as you said, life in the Empire isn’t easy. I understand you feel injustice. However, what can I do? As long as I’m in the Empire…”