1

The window of the compartment is foggy, I press my index finger against the glass and draw a smiley face. "Childish," Someone comments, opening the slide door. I turn and look at the boy, platinum blonde hair, pale skin, light grey eyes, and a devilish smirk sly across his lips.

"Excuse me?" I ask, narrowing my brown eyes at him.

"Draco Malfoy," He offers his hand out for me to shake, then he reluctantly takes it back, "Wait, are you a pureblood?"

I nod, "Yeah, I am."

"Right then," He grabs my hand and shakes it, "What's your name?"

"Raiden Farrow," I answer, shaking his hand back.

"Well," He starts up, whatever he's about to say I can tell he means, "I am absolutely the best person to befriend in this hell hole. Mates?"

I take a pause before answering, I've never really had a friend before, I mean unless you count my sister, Hazel. "Yeah," I tell him, "yeah that'd be alright,"

"Right then," He flashes me a forced, quick, smile. He sits next to me in the compartment, and two shorter boys follow right in after him. They sit across from us. There's a dark skinned boy with curly black hair and brown eyes, he is hard to read, I can't seem to find what emotion is on his face. Next to him is a tan, dark blue eyed, curly sandy haired boy who just looks happy to be alive.

"I'm Blaise," The first boy says, looking to his friend.

"Oh, uhm, I'm Theodore Nott," He speaks, polietely avoiding eye contact.

"Did you hear that Harry Potter will be coming to Hogwarts this year?" Draco exclaims at me, seemingly excited.

"My parents were quite upset when they found out," Theodore shrugs, fidgeting with his thumbs in his lap.

"I'm determined to befriend Potter," Draco speaks, smiling ear to ear.

"Who is Harry Potter?" I ask.

All three of the boys look at me like I'm a maniac. "Harry Potter is the boy who lived!" Draco says dramaticlly throwing his hands in the air, "Nothing special if you ask me."

Theodore and Blaise stay quiet, I can tell they don't speak up against Draco, I don't think I will either.

"Hi," A girl says, standing at the slide door which was still open.

"Did you need something? You can obviously see you're interupting a conversation." Draco scoffs, looking around like the girl is a complete idiot.

"Sorry," She mumbles looking out and back in again, "Neville Longbottom lost a toad, have you seen it by chance?"

"Longbottom?" Draco laughs, "What sort of name is that?"

Blaise chuckles along. "No, we haven't seen a frog," Theodore speaks up. The girl gives him a small smile before closing the slide door and going to the next compartment. Draco rolls his eyes at Theodore's kindness and turns to me.

"My father says that she's a Granger, muggle parents," He seems utterly disgusted, "Sickening life style if you ask me."