Mommy to the Rescue

Summary: Because of their food aversions caused by their Autism, both Ollie and Austin constantly deal with tummy issues. Today, they were unfortunately both dealing with stomach issues at the same time

CW: Constipation, pain

*

You could tell what was wrong by the look on Austin's face. See, with Ollie and Austin having so many food aversions, they often suffered from irregularity. "How long, bubs?" Austin whined with a look of discomfort on his face as he crossed his arms against his stomach and leaned against your bedroom wall.

"Um... a few days..." He mumbled.

You raised your eyebrow. "What's a few days Aus? Three? Four?"

Austin squirmed. "Um... m-more like five or six... Please don't be mad." You sighed.

"I'm not mad baby, but I know this makes you feel sick and I hate seeing you in pain... I hate that you do this to yourself..." Austin's eyes glistened with emotion. "You'll be okay baby, c'mon assume the position babes." You said as you stood up from your bed

Austin knew what that meant, he laid on his back on the bed and pulled his shirt up so you could feel his stomach.

You palpated his belly and Austin grimaced in pain as you pressed on it . "Yep, you need the medicine baby." Austin groaned "Argh, but it makes me feel sick!" You chuckled and helped him sit up. "Yeah, because you're chock full of waste and it needs to come out. The longer it stays in there, babe, the sicker you'll get. Now please just do this, for me? C'mon as soon as you take it, we can snuggle in bed while we hydrate you and wait for it to work okay?" Austin grimaced, he did want his tummy to stop hurting, and he knew every time he took his laxatives, he came out just fine... eventually.

Austin rolled his eyes at you. "Ugh fine. But will you stay with me when it gets ugly and gross?" You chuckled. "Yes babe. In sickness and in health right?" Austin whined and put his head on your shoulder as you gave him a loose hug.

"Alright, first what we're gonna do is get you a smoothie with some fiber, okay? You might not want to eat right now but you gotta eat something, okay?" Austin whined, already dreading the pain he'll be in. You chuckled. "You'll be just fine baby. You know the drill."

Just as Austin was halfway done with his smoothie and you were making breakfast, Ollie waddled into the room with a pout on his face. "Hi baby! Goodmornin' you sleep good?" Ollie whimpered. "Mommy, tummy!" Ollie whined and ran to wrap his arms around your legs. "Your tummy hurts baby? Here, can mommy feel your tummy?" You picked Ollie up and laid him on the couch and lifted his pajama top, palpating his tummy. "Am I hurting you love?" Ollie just grimaced and whined at you but shook his head. It didn't seem to be as painful as you had feared but it definitely felt as full and hard as Austin's.

"Oh no baby, not you too!" Ollie cried, fearful. "He need a smoothie too?" Austin asked from his spot at the table. "Yep, looks like it. you two are just twinsies huh?" You kissed Ollie's cheek and carried him to the table. "Here, you wanna sit next to daddy?" Ollie pillowed his hands on the table, his paci bobbing in his mouth. "Hey baby, your tummy feels full and icky too?" Austin asked softly, rubbing his toddler's back. "Yeah, daddy. Feel like rocks in my tummy." "Me too buddy, but mama will work her magic and both our tummies will feel better soon." You chuckled as you put the MetaMucil fiber suppliment in the blender along with a handful of fruits to mask the grittiness of the powder. "Here you go sweet boy, one fruit smoothie with magic in it to help your tummy!" Ollie smiled and gave you his paci cautiously taking a sip of the smoothie. "Drink it all baby, it'll help your tummy promise."