Anxiety in the Studio

A/N: hi everyone I yet again am writing because I'm having major anxiety and typing helps loads. So I apologize in advance for typos or if none of this makes sense. Because right now I have no idea what's going to come out of my thoughts/fingers so let's find out together.

Let's have austin help me feel better. Enjoy? Idk

Austin had finally bitten the bullet and scheduled some studio time to use the major talent of his voice post 'Elvis 2022'.

You had come along because you are proud of him and you want to watch what he creates with that music that comes out of his pretty face. But today is just an outright horrible day. Nothing major was going on, nothing horrible happened to cause your anxiety to sky rocket; it's just one of those days unfortunately.

You tried your hardest to focus on Austin as he walks around the room, trying different sounds and hearing notes from the different songwriters on today's team but it's so hard and you're so damn overstimulated. You're sitting on the rather uncomfortable couch in the studio trying to focus on the magic happening in the room. You have no idea how you ended up the way you're curled up on one end of this damn uncomfortable couch, pressing your arms into your middle to become as small as possible, your hood over your head to sheild your eyes a little bit and your head burrowed into your arms.

You had no idea with all the buzzing in your head that anyone was even trying to get your attention. But Austin can tell you're struggling and its so evident the way you're trying to hide in plain sight. You only come back to the room when you feel Austin poking your cheek. Your eyes immediately start to brim with tears without your permission once Austin's calming blues come into view.

"Hey, hey, hey." He doesn't ask you why you didn't say something despite you waiting on the obvoius question because why would you announce to a room full near strangers that you feel like your losing control yet again. You look around and suddenly a room that was full of people minutes ago is empty save for you and Austin.

"I sent everyone to get food so we're alone." You give a little nod, still squished into the corner of the couch. Austin comes closer, crouching next to you, opening his arms slightly. "Can I hold you?" It takes you a minute but you ultimately decide that yes, touch is okay right now. Sometimes it isn't but right it is okay.

He smiles, happy he can help in some way and offers you his hand. "C'mere, the bean bag is probably more comfortable." He leads you over to a giant grey lovesac and plops his long limbs into it, adjusting himself just a bit before opening his arms again, welcoming you into his lap. You slowly lower yourself into his lap and his hold, and he wraps his long arms around you, squeezing just slightly. The pressure of the from behind hug helps immensely. And Austin internally celebrates when he feels you give a sigh of relief and relax into his firm embrace. He looks at your face for any signs of distress, pecking your neck and nuzzling his chin into your shoulder.

Inside the embrace, Austin starts to rock you back and forth since it helps calm your heart and helps you feel quite small. You close your eyes, relaxing significantly into the familiar motion.

Satisfied that you've calmed yourself significantly now, Austin adjusts his hold on you so that one arm is still wrapped around you and one hand comes down to squeeze. You take his hand, wiping your other quite sweaty hand on your pants.

"I-I-I don't know what happened. No, nothing happened so nothing should be wrong. What the fuck?" You attempt to release the muscles in your legs and feet and arms to release the anxiety as you feel Austin's breath on your cheek. "You're probably just feel overwhelmed. And..." he looks across the room, searching his head for the right words. It's so important to him to not invalidate your intense feelings.

"I, I don't want to say that's okay because you obviously don't feel okay right now and you think there's no reason right now that you should feel the way you do because nothing life altering or "upsetting" is happening to explain these feelings but you're valid. You feel things so intensely and that's okay. You're just feeling your feelings and it's exhausting isn't it?" He asks.

You nod, you start to rock yourself wanting to feel the motion again. Austin quickly catches on and wraps his arms around you again and rocks you both side to side. He's like your own long limbed weighted blanket. The pressure helps loads. 

You closes your eyes again and lay your head on Austin's shoulder. He's right, you are exhausted and a nap sounds so great right now. Austin chuckles, his breath tickling your cheek again. "Yeah, your mind was wreaking havoc on you and your body's trying to release it darlin'. I bet you're sleepy." You inch your face forward a bit more so that your nose is tapped against his pulse point. "I should probably get home. I can't nap here." Austin widens his eyes like 'what do you mean?'

"Of course you can. The guys won't be back for at least another hour... and to be honest I don't really want you driving right now. You're still looking a bit shaky." You know he's right, you're probably in no shape to drive right now. "Then I'll get an Uber, Aus." Austin sighs, his bottom lip almost pouting out a bit. "What if I want you here, you can nap here, everyone will leave you alone I just want you here with me. I don't care if you pass out."

You nod, this bean bag is really comfy. "Okay fine... will you sing for me though?" He smiles. "Any requests? Or do you want just want whatever pops in my head?" Austin moves so that he can give you the full bean bag and you can get comfy, still holding onto your hand.

"If I Can Dream, please?"

He smiles. "Your favorite, of course why did I even ask?" You smile, laying back into the bean bag, reaching up to cup Austin's cheek in your hand. He smiles. "You're so sweet. I love you." You smile back. "I love you too. Thank you for protecting me and helping me." He turns his head slightly so as to bump his jaw against your hand on his face. "'Course, that's what I'm best at."

********
I honestly have no idea what this was but my best friend gave me another prompt so I'm stopping this one here so I can start that one. <3 See you soon.