𝗛𝗲𝘆 𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆

Beginne am Anfang

I space out, my mind drifting back to that horrible day. I remember every vivid detail as if it happened yesterday. The blood that ran down my thighs, the pain I felt, and the strong smell of disinfectants in the doctor's room.

"Amara?" Lucero's voice comes out muffled because all I can hear are the doctor's words replaying over and over again in my head.

You suffered from a miscarriage.

"Amara, are you ok?" She asks, waving her hand at me, causing me to snap away from my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I just got distracted," I go back to my feet, fixing her dress.

"You got really quiet. Are you sure you are fine?" I can hear the worry in her tone.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm just thinking about all the things I need to do and I'm thinking about Dario," I blush, thinking back to how amazing our date was.

I miss him.

We have been texting the whole day. I want to go see him but I'm going to be busy now that I have to fix Lucero's dress.

But he does want me to have lunch with him at his office tomorrow.

And I honestly can't wait.

"I'm glad your date was great. You deserve to be happy," she looks back at me and smiles.

"Thank you," I say and get up, looking at the zipper to see where I can make the alteration.

"Did you invite him to the wedding?" She asks and I nod.

"Yes, he's coming as my date," I try my best not to sound too excited but I fail miserably.

"Good, you need to let loose and have fun. All you have been doing is working," she gently says and I silently agree with her.

"I know, it's just hard for me to take a break," I take a deep breath, running a hand through my hair. I like being busy.

She turns around and places her hand on my shoulder, squeezing it gently. "Well, you need one. It's good to take a break once in a while."

"Alright, enough about me. Go take the dress off so I can start fixing it," I nudge her towards the bathroom despite her complaints.

I have so many things to do today.

And I keep stressing out about the boutique space.

I still haven't gotten a call back.

And I'm assuming the worst which I shouldn't be but I am.

Everything is going to be fine.

ఌఌఌ

"Mr. Estrada will see you now," Mia, the receptionist, kindly tells me.

"Thank you," I smile and walk to the elevator. It's been a while since I've talked to Victor.

We kept in touch when I left but we haven't talked in the last four months.

I guess you can say it's my fault because I've been super busy.

To be honest, I've missed him.

As a friend of course, which is why I just want to stop by and see how he is doing.

The elevator doors close and I take a deep breath, trying to push away all the horrible memories I've had in this building.