Prompt...

{The note I found in my mailbox simply said, "Meet me in the Ship Tavern at 7:00." When the hostess brought me to the table I were surprised to see who it was.} It took all that I had not to turn around and walk out. This was the man who had tried to murder me some years ago. He was wearing a grin that made me shudder.

"Hello." He said.

"James," I greet. My voice was cold as ice and sharp as knives.

He stood up and held out his hand. I gave him a look that clearly said, 'You idiot, like I'm going to trust you.' He walked towards me and I cringed and he reached for my hand.

"Don't touch me!" I growl. Every nerve on my body was on edge. "You don't want another accident do you?" His arm immediately snapped back to his side. "What? Are you afraid of a girl James?" I tease. I grin with my teeth to show my sharpened wolf-like canines. His eyes were filled with fiery anger and hatred. He was going to try to kill me again, I knew that part.

"Meet me in 3 hours at the abandoned skyscraper or she dies." He turned and left. My stomach dropped and I felt sick and cold as I felt the blood drain from my face. 'Who?' I thought.

I left the restaurant just a few minutes after James had, my legs act of their own accord and I run as fast as I can home although it was several blocks away from the Ship Tavern. As I ran, only one thought bounced around inside my head... 'Little sister, my little sister is in danger, she's gone. My little sister is in danger I have to save her.' The thought made my hands sweat with fear and my gut writhe nervously. 

Not once I stopped to take a breath. Finally I arrived at my house, the lights were on and it seemed calm and peaceful like nothing could harm it. I walk swiftly to the front door and twist the knob, the door creaking open.

 "Amy?" I call, I held my breath waiting for a few seconds. My mind began imagining the most terrible visions. "Amy??" I call again a bit more loudly. Relief fills me like sinking into a warm bath when she replied, "I'm in the kitchen!" I run to the kitchen, she smiled at me from the fridge door that stood ajar and I smiled back.

"You're all red." She said gently tilting her head. Even for 5 she talked like an adult. "What were you doing?" A hint of worry sounded in her voice. I tried to smile a reassuring smile even if my breathing was quick.

"I just went for a run," I lied smoothly. Amy screwed up her nose and stuck out her lower lip, pouting. "And you didn't take me? You meanie." I roll my eyes and fake a laugh and walk upstairs. 

As soon as my door shut, worry started to cloud my mind, my legs immediately started to tremble. 'If it isn't Amy that James has, who is it? Who is it that James has captive?' I think hard, but my mind seemed to go blank.

Two hours had passed. I have 45 minutes to get to the old skyscraper. I pace my room for a few more minutes, my father went to bed an hour ago and I assumed he carried little Amy to her room. I tried calm myself down breathing in and out slowly. It, of course, didn't work. 'Might as well go now.' I thought.

Stepping into the dark hall, I take a few steps forward and look into Amy's room she was curled into a small sleeping ball snuggling my old rabbit. She must have taken it from my room again, a gentle smile crosses my cheeks and I step into her room.

"Goodbye beetle, I promise I'll be back soon." I whisper and kiss her forehead. I shut her door softly and walk to the end of the hall opening yet another door. My father snored gently in his bed.

"I love you dad," I whisper again, I let his door stay open. I slip silently down the stairs and out the door, heading to the skyscraper.

A few minutes later.