• Ep 19 | Ascension

As Y/N lays on the ground on his stomach, he hears someone laughing. Once he looks up his face goes from frustration to straight up anger

 Once he looks up his face goes from frustration to straight up anger

Y/N: "Fuck off, Yami."

Yami: "Oh? Is that how you're going to treat me after I'm offering my help?? I see."

Y/N: "I want to get stronger on my own, so leave me alone."

Yami: "And look where that has gotten you, Y/N. On the ground clinging onto the grass frustrated. Is that not pathetic?" he laughs and puts his arms behind his back

Y/N: murmurs "Piece of shit.."

Yami: "Did I hear you say something? We don't have much time before Rin scores and the match restarts, so let's make this fast."

Y/N: "Good, looking at your face disgusts me."

Yami: "We look basically identical, loser."

Y/N: "And?"

Yami: "Anyways, you have been getting stronger Y/N, but you're straying further and further from the reason you've been playing football for all these years."

Y/N: "So what? People change."

Yami: "Just because Kira humbled your cocky ass doesn't mean you should become some villian that gets turned on by destroying your opponents."

Y/N: "I don't get turned on by that..."

Yami: "Alright. Let me ask you this, Y/N. Why do you play football?"

Y/N: "Now that I think about it, when I was a kid, everytime I watched or played football I could always hear some sort of tune. I saw each player as an instrument and when they combined their plays together, it would create a song resulting in a goal."

Yami: "I see. When you were playing football, now what did use your God given talent for?"

Y/N: "I used my teammates as instruments to create a goal that would surpass any music piece ever made. An Orquestra Sinfónica"

Yami: "So then use your instruments to create your ideal goal. This is the way you'll achieve Flow. But, that's not all is it? What else do you strive for, Y/N?"

Y/N: "I want to become the world's best striker."

Yami: "I see, we'll get into that in our next encounter. I also have a request, Y/N."

Y/N: "Which is?"

Yami: "To play a game."

Y/N: "Okay?"

Yami: "Heads or tails? If I win, you must let me play in your stead. If you win, shatter that stupid shit you've been doing since you lost to Kira out of your mind. Use the ideals you forged to play the football you want to play. Now, what do you choose, heads or tails, Y/N?"