Chapter 34: A Plan

Începe de la început

"She was probably protecting you. He might have done something she registered as a threat, such as pulling on his glove..." I muttered.

"That's exactly what happened..." Mirio remarked.

Just then, Aizawa walked out of the meeting room and approached us. "Aizawa..." Uraraka started.

"Call me Eraser outside of school," he stated, "And I won't sugarcoat it. I'm tempted to take you all off the case."

"W-what?" I asked.

"With the League of Villains' possible involvement and with Tanaka's relationship with the Hassaikai, there are many risks," Aizawa stated, "But Midoriya, you haven't gained back our trust yet, and to be frank, I'm wary about you too Tanaka. If I take you off, you'll likely go off on your own. So I'll be there, watching the two of you."

I nodded and so did Midoriya. "Also Tanaka, Nighteye would like to speak to you about the Hassaikai and Chisaki," Aizawa stated.

I nodded and followed Aizawa back to the meeting room. Many more eyes fell on me as I tried to hide my body behind Aizawa. "Thank you, Tanaka. Now, I have a few questions. Where was Eri kept the last time you were there?" Nighteye asked.

I gulped and answered, "Underground in the main base. It was only a few rooms down from where my family stayed before the accident."

"But that was three years ago, there's no telling where they keep her now!" Rock Lock stated.

"I'm afraid I have to agree with Rock Lock," Nighteye said before he asked, "Now, Tanaka, what should we be most wary of?"

"Chisaki's quirk. Like you said, he can disassemble and reassemble matter. If he so much as touches you, a part of your body, or worse, your entire body, will be nothing more than a pile of blood. And it's not just some painless shock either. You can feel each and every one of your atoms ripping apart..." I answered, "Also, I doubt that the temporary version of the quirk-erasing drug is the only one he has. He's too ambitious, and since he's had Eri for three years, and according to my parents, the old boss has been out of commission for about six months now, and he was the only thing holding Chisaki back. He likely has a permanent version of the drug by now. So try not to get shot by anything, it could get rid of your quirk for good."

Mumbles broke out across the room as they thought over the information, alongside how I knew all of this. "Thank you for the information, Tanaka. You all have your assignments, so let's get going and find this girl. We'll contact the work study students as soon as we are prepared to begin the raid," Nighteye stated.

.

.

.

"This is Eri. Eri, say hi to Fuka," Kai said before closing the door behind him, locking me in with her.

"Hey..." I said as I shuffled closer to her.

"Hi..." Eri said.

I then sat beside her as her eyes trailed to my wings. "Your wings are pretty..." she stated.

"Yeah? Thank you. I think your horn is pretty," I said quietly, observing her many bandages with a pit in my stomach.

"Fuka."

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Katsu, who was glaring at me. "You need to eat," he growled.

I nodded and went to eat, when I remembered a day where blood was dripping down her bandages. I gagged, putting a fist up to my mouth. Katsuki and our friends eyed me with a questioning gaze while Kirishima had a similar, downtrodden expression on his face. "Are you guys ok?" Mina asked.

Kaminari then said, "Yeah, you and Tanaka have been a little off since starting your work studies, especially since you all went to those meetings a few days ago."

I took a deep breath and nodded, "I'm fine. I'm sure Kirishima is too."

Kirishima nodded and continued eating while I gathered the courage to take a bite of my food. "Ah man, the level reset!" Sero complained as he threw down his Switch.

"Reset..."

My mind wandered yet again, causing me to freeze in place. Katsu growled before he grabbed my wrist and dragged me away. "Katsu, what are you doing?" I asked as he dragged me into his room.

"Ok, you are telling me what the fuck is wrong right the fuck now," he snapped as he closed the door.

I flinched slightly and said, "Nothing is wrong, Katsu."

"Bullshit!" he yelled, grabbing my shoulders.

I gulped, my expression falling. "Don't you fucking lie to me, stupid bird brain!" he yelled.

"I... I'm not allowed to talk about it... we're under a gag order..." I whispered.

Katsu's eyes met mine. He growled, "Why the fuck are you pretending to be ok?"

I sighed before he eyed the scars beside my eyes. "You do realize that they're not collecting your tears anymore, right? You can cry freely, dumbass," he stated softly.

Those words, those damned words that to anyone else would seem like it was him calling me an idiot, but to me it meant that I was safe. That no one was using me. That he was here.

And that's all it took for the dam to break. The tears fell slowly at first, but after a few moments, I was struggling to hold back a sob as everything broke free.

The kidnapping.

Kai.

Eri.

All of my emotions were released into an ugly amalgamation of tears and snot. I grabbed the first thing that I saw, which happened to be Katsu. I held onto him so tightly, as if the wind would carry him away from me if I didn't. He gently wrapped his arms around me, knowing that I needed the support. I continued to cry into his shoulder, a few strangled sobs escaping my throat.

We stood like that for several minutes until my breathing slowed, the tears slowly coming to a stop. "Don't hold in your emotions anymore, dumbass. Otherwise, shit like this happens and you won't be able to fight properly," Katsu scolded.

I nodded into his shoulder, sniffling. I lifted my face and started wiping my snot and tears off his shirt, "Sorry..."

"I don't care," he said.

I smiled and said, "You're a great friend, Katsu."

He rolled his eyes and pulled me back into a hug, hiding his own smile, "Whatever, idiot."