Chapter 19: The Final

Tanaka's POV

Midoriya and I continued studying throughout the week, also throwing in some physical training as well. I really learned a lot from him and I was very happy that I chose to study with him. The first phase of finals went by smoothly, all thanks to Midoriya. 

Now, it was time for the practical. I put on my newly made hero costume that had my DNA in it so it would, in theory, regenerate with me.

Apparently, there were rumors going around that we would be fighting robots like in the entrance exam, but I had a feeling that the teachers would be pulling out something different. Think about it, this school year has been nothing but unpredictable situations. The teachers must have recognized that and have likely made changes to their methods to try to accommodate for that.

And as it turns out, I was right. 

"You're going to be going against us teachers in pairs. Your partners have been chosen based on grades, class performance, and interpersonal relationships. Todoroki and Yaoyorozu, for example, will be going against me," Aizawa said with a mischievous smirk, "And Bakugo and Midoriya will be going against..."

I sweat dropped at the thought of the two of them being put together, but it was nothing compared to the feeling when I realized their opponent. All Might. 

'They're fucked.'

Aizawa then listed off the pairings, but then I noticed something off. "Sir, you didn't call my name," I called out with a raised hand.

My class began to murmur about that, and Nezu smiled, "That's because you'll be going against a special opponent that we called in specifically to face you alone. Since you are so talented and you have a very special quirk, we decided that you would have no problem going up against him by yourself."

"Him?" I asked.

Then, I noticed something red float past my vision. 

"I mean, your relationship will prove to be not only an advantage, but a handicap. We think it balances your abilities and your lack of a partner nicely," Nezu explains as my heart sank.

"Who will she be going against?" Midoriya asked.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I saw a shadow cover my body. We all looked up to see him. Keigo.

'I'm fucked' 

"That can't possibly be fair!" Iida exclaimed.

"Yeah! He's the number three hero!" Mina shouted.

"And she doesn't even have a partner!" Kirishima complained.

"As Principle Nezu said, their relationship will prove to be an advantage, seeing as they train together so she knows some of his weaknesses, but at the same time is a handicap, as he knows her weaknesses. Same rules apply, Hawks will be handicapped with shackles that account for half his weight and she can win by either cuffing him or by running away," Aizawa explained as Hawks landed on the ground in front of them. 

His golden eyes met mine, "Let's see how much you improved, Fuka."

.

.

.

I watched the first match in the observation room nervously. I got lost in thought to the point that I didn't see or sense the person beside me.

"Tanaka, are you ok?" 

I jumped at the sudden voice beside me, only to see Midoriya standing there. "Oh, hey. Yeah I'm ok, what about you? Shouldn't you be strategizing for your fight with All Might?" I asked.