ii. a moment of clarity

Start from the beginning

And with the clap of Mr. Schue's hands, he then began the first lesson and basically explained what was going to be happening, the purpose of the glee club. Then he moved onto the song they would be practicing with which was Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat by Guys and Dolls.

"So has anyone heard of that song?" He looked amongst the students and so did Rachel by leaning forward just to see for whatever reason she had. When no one responded he then continued, "Alright, that's ok. But I do have an idea, so hear me out."

He then went on to say artie is taking the lead of the song, they'll all have gold gloves on and be dancing around him while he's in the middle. Now, picturing it didn't sound too bad to Rebecca but when they started practicing, it was not pretty. Not only were they one member down now because finn had football practice but these group of kids did not sync and they knew it.

• • •

"We suck." The berry girl blurted out.

"No." Rebecca spoke softly, "We're just not dancers."

Rachel shook her head, "That's just a sugar coated way of saying we suck."

"No, no." Mr. Schue chimed in, "Rebecca has a point. You're not dancers yet but with tons of practice —— "

Rachel snickered, "Doubt it."

He sighed, "Rachel —— "

She rose her hand, signaling him to stop talking, "I'm a professional Mr. Schuester and I can't work in environments like this."

Mercedes took slight offense to that, "Environments like what?"

"I've said my peace." And with the a flip of her hair, the berry girl made her way out the choir room.

Mr. Schue let out a frustrated sigh as he glanced at everyone who were confused of what to do now since Rachel pretty much left.

Rebecca just stared off into the distance, looking the other way. It was only the first rehearsal and the club was already going to shit. School was already bad enough. She didn't just deal with one slushee, but two and now this. It was like she was at home, trying to figure out which side to be on.

• • •

Another day arrived and it was the middle of the school day. Rebecca was on her way to the cafeteria with some of the glee kids by her sides. As she chatted with them on their way there, her eyes diverted towards the choir room. She saw three people walk in who she blandly recognized ——- Quinn Fabray, Brittany Pierce, and Santana Lopez.

She stepped out a little from their small group and began to head in the direction of the choir room. She completely forgot that there were other surrounding her, until one of them grasped her attention.

"Cafeteria's this way, Rebecca." Kurt noticed she was drifting off in the wrong direction.

She turned to him, "I know. I just have to make a quick detour. I'll meet you guys."

And with that, the rest continued to the cafeteria and she continued to the choir room. She wanted to know why those three were going there. She already had an idea but she didn't want it to be true. She has nothing against them, but quinn isn't her favorite person because she's generally a bully in Rebecca's eyes and well —— we all know about santana.

She slowly approached the closed the door and looked through the narrow window. She saw the three preforming, auditioning in front of Schuester.

Call her crazy, but she literally thought it was the end of the world and she also knew that they were in dire need of more members. But if she knew one thing . . . it's that they definitely had ulterior motives. They come from sue's little pond, nothing good ever comes from that.

As she was lost in her thoughts for only a moment or so, she came back to reality and saw the three heading her way. Rebecca quickly went around the corner and stood there with her back against the wall, listening intently as those three came out the classroom.

"Are you sure this was a good idea, Quinn?"

The blonde turned towards santana, "Very much so."

a/n: Rebecca's got her own mission,huh

a/n:
Rebecca's got her own mission,
huh