Bittersweet Nutrients And Worry

((Story idea an' picture by me🦐))

Day Started: August Fifteenth, 2023
Day Finished: August Twenty, 2023

Proof Read On: August Twenty-One, 2023
Proof Read By: UnderRancher

Word Count: 5643

((Wth it won't save my freaking indents!!))

***

Sunny day, early morning. Kirby was bored, but mostly hungry, he hadn't had any food since yesterday's lunch! C'mon people, it's the next day! He was hungry! And it sure didn't help that he fell asleep around mid-day and couldn't get any dinner... The bored problem could be solved by him taking a walk on the outskirts of Whispy Woods, but not the food problem!

That's when Kirby remembered that Meta Knight had asked for Kirby to join him on the Halberd for wherever the Halberd was ment to fly to that day. There'll probably be food on the Halberd! But... It's way too early. Meta Knight had called for Kirby around two PM in the afternoon, ugh!!! What was Kirby supposed to munch on until then!?

Maybe... Ah, yes! Whispy, the old gardener who lives in Whispy Woods, would probably have some fruits or vegetables to spare. Now to just... find a way to get to him... Not like Kirby visted Whispy often, he didn't want to get lost in the woods. And Whispy lived deep in the forest.

There was a trail somewhere that lead near where Whispy lived, probably on the opposite side of the forest... Welp, no time to waste!

Kirby skipped into the darkened shadows of the large expanse of tall canopys swishing and swaying just overhead, not a care in the world.

Immediately, the route felt somewhat cooler compared to the greedy ground of sun-enriched grass, the dirt contrasting it by inviting worms to crawl and travel safely without the harm of being scorched. Makes since, it is the shade after all.

Kirby, although hungry, was stunned by the seemingly new dimension only separated by an asymmetrical line of bushes and trees. Sunrays filtered through the interstices placed rashly in the treetops. The song and dance of animal V.S. animal was much less scary when simbiosis was the main act on stage.

And yet, Kirby felt some small form a dreed seep into the finnest layer of his skin, like he wasn't quite welcome in a place like this. He should leave, really, the trail would be a lot safer then trying to wing your way into the deepest part of the thicket.

Looking closer, it felt like things were looking at him, and in ways that didn't end with Kirby walking out unscathed. Kirby absentmindedly sped his pass up, only to realize that he had gone off the original trail long ago. No, no,... Everything was fine. He could get back on the trail.

Kirby walked the uncharted plane of land for the next ten minutes, his objective stated clear in his mind. It didn't amount to anything, however, as Kirby would give up on finding the trail soon after and just think about getting out of that place. And maybe find some edible food if he was lucky.

He came across a pond riddled with all types of frogs with vibrant colors, birds that blended in with the tree, and a few holes in the ground, probably made by snakes for snakes. Nah, he was smart enough to not stay there any longer.