16 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen

Start from the beginning

That is all.

―――――――――――――――――――――――

Document Number: I-41-90-3

<Details of activities from the Port Mafia's gifted users during the Arahabaki Incident>

Reporter:

Assistant Councilor of the Special Ability Department in the Ministry of Home Affairs

Sakaguchi Ango.

―――――――――――――――――――――――

<Supplementary Document>

Document Number: I-41-93-1

Reporter:

―― ―――

Confidential Document Designation―Top Secret

―――――――――――――――――――――――

No matter how deep the night is, the Port Mafia never sleeps.

The devilish capital in the deep darkness of Yokohama, the top floor of the Port Mafia's headquarters.

Among the numerous militia members of the mafia, only those with outstanding loyalty and merit are stationed to guard the floor. The top floor, where the boss's office is located, is a "special case" in mafia territory. Insignificant light, let alone humans, are not allowed to enter unless the mafia wishes for it.

Two mafia guards stood in front of the door.

The boss wasn't in the office since they only guard uninhabited rooms. But the two had alert expressions. No matter where you were or what you were doing, you performed your duty without fluctuating emotions the moment you wake up. Only those with a steel spirit were entrusted with these tasks.

Not once have they conversed or cleared their throats while guarding in the stillness of the night.

The guard heard a small noise.

It was a thumping sound. It was fainter than the sound of a mosquito, so much so that he could mistake it for his own breath. He didn't know where it came from. But the guards, who stood in the silence for countless hours, would not miss such an unusual sound.

He reflexively grabbed his submachine gun, listening carefully.

"What is it?"

"Don't you hear that?"

After briefly informing his colleague, the guards concentrated all their senses on their surroundings.

They immediately heard it again, the sound of thumping. After that they heard the sound of paper flipping. This time there was no mistake on what they heard.

His colleague grabbed his machine gun.

At this time, the top floor was deserted aside from the mafia guards. It was designed so not even the slightest breeze could penetrate it, so it was unlikely anything would be making a noise.

There was a corridor in front of them and the office behind them. The corridor was empty. Meaning...

"The office...?"

The bodies of the guards tensed up at the sound.

With only the movement of his hand and a glance as a cue, his colleague told him to open the door. The colleague took the office key from his wrist and inserted it into three different key holes, unlocking each of them.