Dream or Reality?

The group of guys come a bit closer to Hinata and me. I stand tall and glare at them. Some of them glare back while others look away or cower.

Hinata tries to glare back to, proving to himself that he is strong. He holds his head up high and bares his teeth.

"What do you want?" He growls cruelly. The boys laugh.

"Ha! We aren't afraid of you, you little homo," one of the guys say and gets up in his face. "You're just a little runt. You can't touch me." The others laugh with him. He smiles devilishly and pushes Hinata back. Hard. Hinata falls to the floor and lands on his back.

"Hinata!" I say worriedly before turning to them, with my fists ready. But before I could get a punch in, Hinata wooshes past me and socks the guy in the face.

Everyone, including me, is taken aback by how strong Hinata is for his size.

"Ow! What the fuck! What, are you are steroids?!"

Hinata continues to punch him and soon I join along with him, fending off the other around us. They fight back. Some biting us, some kicking us in the legs and sides, some punching us in the gut and jaw. There is about 5 of them so it is a bit difficult trying to hit them, but soon enough we scare them off.

"Guys! Come on! Let's get out of here!" The gang starts to run away quickly wailing in pain and some shouting "who knew the homos where so strong?!"

We pant heavily, looking at them run away. When we turn to each other, smiles appear on our faces. We quickly embraced. I squeeze Hinata tightly and he burries his face in my shoulder. I look up at the bright blue sky, holding Hinata in my arms.

***

We didn't come out of that fight barely untouched if you think that. Nope, we have wounds and bruises and blood going down our arms and legs.

Suga, Tanaka, and Noya were very angry when they found out what happened to us. Suga was more angry at us fighting while Tanaka and Noya were making plans on how to get back at the group of guys.

As Suga and Asahi clean us up and Daichi is giving us a lecture, I look over to see Hinata smiling. It isn't like his normal cheerful, over excited smile. No. It is a warm, loving, soft smile. Even though he is hurting all over, blood is running down his face and fists, his legs feeling weak, he still smiles. I wonder why.

I then look around at our friends. Our friends that put up with us no matter what we get into. Our friends that help us when we are feeling sad. Our friends that let us cry on their shoulders. Our friends that would do anything for us.

That's what he's smiling about.

A grin comes to my face and I close my eyes softly, listening to Noya and Tanka thinking of ideas, Daichi yelling at them and us for being irresponsible, Suga pestering us about how badly we were hurt, and Asahi asking us if we were alright over and over.

I don't know if this is exactly perfect, but what I have realized over this past year is that no one and nothing is perfect. I wouldn't have my friends any other way.

***

"Kageyama!" I hear a faint call of my name. I turn quickly. I look every direction but everything seems blurry and in a haze.

"Hello?" I call back frantically. I don't know why but I'm panicking. My heart is racing inside my throat.

"Kageyama! Help!" I see a faint outline of a person. I recognize the orange hair.

"Hinata!" Hinata runs up to me and hugs me tightly, burying his face in my chest. I hug him back, tightly closing my eyes.

"You're a coward." I let go of Hinata and turn around to see who spoke.