Chapter 9: Neighbor

Mulai dari awal

Once they entered the apartment, Itadori brushed past Megumi, entering the kitchen. That was right, he had been there with Gojo more than once. The living room was split between Gojo's mini-office and a black velveteen loveseat facing a television.

"Where do you keep your booze?" Itadori started opening and closing cabinets.

Most of the dishes were Gojo's, other than the few Megumi had in his apartment. The only exceptions were the whiskey glasses his sister had left at his apartment the last time she had visited. Itadori found those glasses almost instantly.

"Hey, put those back," Megumi said sternly.

"What? Why? Are we drinking out of cups like dweebs? We're men, Fushiguro. We need whiskey glasses," Itadori said.

"They are my sister's, okay? I don't want anything to happen to them."

"You have a sister? Is she hot? Actually, don't tell me if you think your sister is hot. I'm into some twisted stuff but that's not on my list," Itadori said.

Was he always like that? Megumi figured that a full day of being Itadori would be exhausting. There was no way that being that dumb all the time wasn't tiring. It was only then that Megumi realized Itadori was in pajama pants and a tank top. The stunt from the balcony had only become more impressive.

His arms were firm and bulging as his pecs peeked out of the tank top. Did no one have a sense of respect anymore? When you go to someone's house, you're supposed to dress for success. What was Itadori dressing for other than sleep?

"Just put them back," Megumi said, entering the kitchen.

He brushed past Itadori, who stood in the center of the small kitchen. For a second, their bodies made contact. Itadori's waist met Megumi's backside. He felt his cheeks warm as blood rushed to them. It was only nerves left over from seeing Toge. That was all.

The cups Megumi pulled from the cabinet were still rather pricey. They were ringed glasses that Gojo had left behind. Megumi opened the freezer, removing a bottle of cranberry apple vodka that was mostly full.

"Vodka in the freezer? Classy," Itadori said.

Megumi rolled his eyes and poured them about two shots each into the cups. He placed the bottle back in the freezer and reached for his cup, but Itadori stopped his hand. The pink-haired man was freakishly strong.

"We gotta do a cheers," Itadori said.

"It's called a toast, dumbass."

"You're right. A toast. We need one of those," Itadori smiled despite all the insults Megumi was slinging.

"I don't know. To health?" Megumi shrugged.

"No, that's lame. I know. To missed connections," Itadori grinned.

Did he know about Toge? Megumi's eyes widened at the possibility. Okkotsu was friends with Itadori; did Toge say something, and this was the pink-haired man's way of intimidating Megumi to stay away? No, it couldn't have been. Okkotsu had to have been clueless to not make a move on Toge. When they were hugging, it only confirmed that Toge had decided.

Those kisses. All of them were a barrage attack, an attempt to gain Toge's attention. If the blonde didn't want Megumi after that, then it was definite. Toge's umber eyes never left the sight of Okkotsu when they were near each other. All Megumi wanted was the gaze of those eyes for once in his life, but even in his attempt at gaining the icy stare, he had to emulate Okkotsu.

"Missed connections?" Megumi asked.

"Yeah, you and me! We went to high school together like what, a few months ago? What are the chances we end up neighbors?" Itadori continued to smile.