Chapter 9: Double Date..?

(Brooke's P.O.V)

The last bell of the school day rang and I sighed in relief. I forgot how tiring school was. Grabbing my book bag and papers, I made my way into the crowded hallways. I sighed in frustration as people bumped into me and shoved at everyone in their path. I used my default bitch-face for moments like these. It came in handy for when you wanted to not-so-subtly make it known that you're annoyed without using words. I used it way too often than I should. I was pulled from my thoughts when I felt a heavy weight land on my back which was followed by my vision being blocked with golden locks of hair. "Brookey!" An excited voice basically shouted in my ear. I rolled my eyes and turned around to face Paige. "Yes?" I responded in a tone that clearly showed that I was used to her enthusiasm.

"You'll never guess what happened!" She all but sang while bouncing in place.

"What happened?", was my dry response.

"You know how you're going out with Stiles on Saturday?" This question deserved the sympathetic look that was sent her way. It proved to be ineffective. "Well Skye got a date too! You guys can double!" She squealed.

My eyes widen in shock and disbelief. "What? How did she even-no I don't even want to know. Paige, you know double dates never end well! They're always so awkward and uncomfortable!" I frowned at her because I already knew it was her idea. She frowned back at me.

"Don't be such a pessimist. It'll be fun!" She shook me by my shoulders, probably hoping that she could shake some sense into me. Or well what she considers sense. I checked my phone and realized that we had been talking for longer than I thought.

"Shi-" I stopped, remembering Paige's feelings about cursing. "-oot. Shoot." She raised an accusing eyebrow at me but I continued. "I have to meet Stiles. He's taking me home." I pointed behind me with my thumb, only now realizing that there was barely anyone in the hallway now; only a few kids trickling out of some classrooms. My blonde friend nodded with a wink and shoved me towards the doors.

"Go get your man, Brooke!" She laughed, slowly starting to walk backwards. I looked at her confused as I started walking in the opposite direction. "Skye got detention. I gonna wait for her before I walk home," She said with a smile. I nodded and pushed at the exit doors, finally free from the prison they call school. Looking from side to side, I immediately noticed the messy brown head of hair that belonged to none other than Stiles Stilinski. He was currently flailing his arms around at Lydia, the confident red head I had met earlier today. Stiles kind of looked like he was trying (and failing) to juggle imaginary balls. I chuckled softly at his spastic hand movements before walking up to the two.

"Hey, sorry I'm a little late. Paige kinda caught me in the hallway." I held back the laugh that threatened to come out when Stiles turned around so fast he almost fell. He had the face of a deer in headlights. Unlike me, Lydia didn't try to not laugh; like everything else about her, her laughter managed to make you feel inferior. Stiles was flustered even more by the both of us, but it made him more adorable with a light blush highlighting his cheeks.

Stiles had yet to say anything so Lydia spoke up. "Well, I'll leave you two love birds alone," She said sweetly with a little wave. I looked up at the boy in front of me and he looked like he was finally going to speak.

"Hey, sorry, uhm that was Lydia but I think you know her already so I don't know why I just told you that," He rambled on. Adorable is the only word that can really describe him right now. I nodded at him, not quite sure what to say. "Car? I mean, we should go to the..the car.." A small laugh escaped my lips but I nodded again.

He led us to a blue jeep that kind of looked like it was attacked by everything that has claws and teeth, but it had its own charm. "Is this yours?" I asked him and he nodded with a small smile. "It's nice." Stiles gave me a look of disbelief as he opened the door for me. He climbed in on the other side and pulled out of the parking lot. Looking around the interior of the jeep, I noticed the faint smell of curly fries and a faded reddish stain on the floor. I just ignored it and looked back at the brown haired boy in the driver's seat. "Hey Stiles?" He took a quick glance at me and replied with a casual 'yeah?' I frowned, looking out the window. "Paige, my friend, kind of..set us up on a double date with another couple..my other friend Skye and probably some tool. I'm sorry." His brown eyes widened but he kept facing the road. "I could tell them that we just want it to be the two of us?" I suggested.

Stiles shook his head quickly, "No, no it's fine. You don't have to do that." He gave me an assuring smile but I could tell that he was just as bummed about it as I was. "Besides, if it is really bad then we can just find some excuse to leave and we can hang out at the park or something."

I turned to him in absolute admiration. "I like you. I like you a lot." It came out more as a fact than a confession and he laughed a little at it. I can't blame him because I did too.