Chapter 1: New School

(Brooke's P.O.V)

I looked at the trees through the car window. We had been driving for hours without taking another pit stop. In my dad's defense, we were almost at our destination, Beacon Hills. My mom had heard of a new job opening there and took it right away. She didn't tell us about it until after she accepted the offer. I wasn't upset about it though, my best friends, Paige and Skye, were moving in with us. We were able to convince their parents into letting them come with us as long as they visited often. So here I was, stuck in a car with my parents and two sleeping teenagers. I tried to fall asleep but it was hopeless. I've always had a hard time falling asleep. To pass the time, I started counting blue cars. I had already counted four when a blue jeep drove up beside us. I looked at the driver's side window and saw a boy who looked around my age. He was pretty damn cute if you ask me. He had medium length brown hair and a couple of little moles here and there. But what mesmerized me the most were his eyes. His golden brown eyes. I saw another boy in the passenger seat. He was probably about seventeen too. The two of them looked like they were arguing over something but the first guy didn't seem to take the matter seriously because he was laughing. His smile was contagious as one grew on my face as well. My happiness ended all too soon when my dad took a turn, leaving the mysterious boys behind. I scowled at the receding shape of the jeep. I spent the rest of the time thinking about him. The thought went away when I saw us approaching a large house. I fell in love with our new home as soon as we pulled into the driveway. My dad and I were the only ones awake. My mom was asleep in her seat with a neck pillow. Skye was leaning on the window and Paige was leaning on her. A sinister idea popped into my head. I went around to the other side of the car and opened the door. The two girls fell out onto the lawn of the new house. "What the hell, Brooke!" Classic Skye. Paige groaned and pushed herself off of the ground using Skye's head as support. If looks could kill, I would be six feet under right now. I laughed and grabbed my luggage from the back of our black Acadia. Rolling my suitcases behind me, I strolled up to the front door, my mom following behind me. My dad had already opened the door and started bringing her stuff in. Some guys had already put our furniture in the house before we arrived so it was less work for us. Because I'm immature, I called out, "I get first dibs on rooms!" This statement got the girls up quickly. I made it up the stairs faster and got the biggest bedroom, you know, besides the Master bedroom. My room had white walls with light blue swirls along with my own bathroom that had a similar patterned shower curtain and bathroom mat. Even my bed set matched the walls. I thought that was pretty cool. I checked the clock on my nightstand and saw that it was already 10 PM. I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth before collapsing on my bed.