Chapter 3: New Heroes

(Brooke's P.O.V)

The first couple of days here in Beacon Hills have been great. Skye, Paige, and I were excused from school for a couple of days to get comfortable in our new surroundings. We took advantage of our backyard being a forest by exploring. As of right now, I was climbing a tree while Skye and Paige were fighting each other like ninjas with sticks. It didn't take long for Skye to dominate the fight and knock her opponent's stick to the ground. I sat in the tree watching them and laughing at Paige's reaction. I heard a branch snap somewhere behind a tree and froze. My friends did the same. We watched the tree where we heard the sound and waited for something to happen. I thought that it was a murderer or something so I took charge of the situation. "Climb the tree. We'll be safer up here." They did as they were told and sat beside me on a big branch. After a couple of seconds of endless staring, something moved out from behind the tree. Oh hell no. There was a flipping mountain lion looking at us. "Brooke." She broke the silence. "Yeah, Skye?" I looked back, only to see them both with wide eyes. "I think mountain lions can climb." You've got to be kidding me. Now knowing this new information, we did the best thing we could think of. Scream. We screamed so loud I bet Russia could hear us. The scary ass cat started walking towards us, which caused our screams to get impossibly louder. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something else move. "Are you serious?! Another one!" I yelled out before realizing it was the two guys I had seen in the jeep. I started panicking, thinking that it was going to eat them too. The cute guy had a baseball bat with him. What was he going to do with a bat? Send the mountain lion a fast ball? Nope. He runs at the animal screaming and swinging the bat around. He landed a good hit in its eye, which sent it running away. I laughed in relief and jumped off of the tree, Skye following. "Oh my god, thank you so much!" I gave him a hug and let go after noticing that Paige was still in the tree. I smiled as bat guy's friend helped her out and lifted her onto the ground. Skye gave her a thumbs up which caused me to laugh. My gaze landed on the cute guy again. "So what are our heroes' names?" He smiled back at me and my heart stopped. "I'm Stiles." He said, looking to his friend to introduce himself. "I'm Scott." I nodded and told them our names as well. "I'm Brooke, that's Skye," I pointed at the brunette standing beside me. " Then last but not least, that's Paige." Scott looked taken aback but smiled anyway. My phone rang in my pocket and I took it out to see who it was. My dad. Dammit. We were supposed to be back by now. I answered the call and explained that we would be back soon. I frowned and looked up at Stiles. "I'm really sorry but we have to go now. Thank you again for saving us from being eaten alive." We walked back home, told my parents what happened when we got there, ate dinner, then went to sleep. Almost being a cat's meal is pretty draining.