What if Morrowseer found out about Sunny? Part 1

Start from the beginning

***

Deathbringer was flying to the meeting place as he had several times before, and just like those other times the thought came back to him. Would this finally be the meeting he told Morrowseer his mother, Quickstrike, was actually dead? That she'd been dead for years at this point. He had made it perfectly fine on his own, but that didn't mean he liked it that way. He felt there was still more she could've taught him, could've shown him, and now, she was gone. Deathbringer hadn't been sent to assassinate anyone at his last meeting with the grumpy nightwing. He was only supposed to look for Stonemover, the nightwing animus who seemingly abandoned his tribe. While Deathbringer did not fully despise the dragon's treachery, in fact he somewhat understood it. Stonemover had fallen in love, and he knew his tribe wouldn't approve of them. Deathbringer wondered if he'd do the same thing to be with the dragon he loved, betray everything he'd ever hoped for, fought for, and killed for. The assassin shook his head to clear his mind as a small island appeared over the dark horizon. 

Deathbringer landed a few paces away from Morrowseer, the large nightwing with the ever present scowl glared down at him. "So," he snarled "Quickstrike sent you for the mission briefing again?" "Still no luck finding Stonemover." Deathbringer relayed quickly, ignoring the question. Morrowseer huffed at this. "Well, I do have a theory." The scowling dragon started having a distant look in his eyes, perhaps considering if he should say what he was thinking next. Noticing surprising the lack of annoyance in his voice, Deathbringer leaned in slightly. "What is it Morrowseer?" He asked, curious. The older dragon glared at him again but continued to speak. "I believe it is possible our thieving sandwing may have had dragonets with Stonemover." Deathbringer tilted his head down, considering this. Thorn, she was intelligent and forward thinking based off his observations. He'd stalked her plenty of times on his search for Stonemover. A fully grown nightwing would be difficult to hide, but eggs and small dragonets would be far easier. Its possible Stonemover and Thorn could've had an egg or two before the animus disappeared. "You want me to look into it?" Deathbringer asked, already knowing the answer. "I want Quickstrike to look into it." Morrowseer responded coldly. "R-right, of course." Deathbringer silently cursed himself for slipping up. "Me and Quickstrike." "Just make sure you have something useful at the next meeting." Morrowseer turned and leapt into the sky, dissappearing in the night. Deathbringer paused for a few minutes, the pouch around his neck suddenly felt heavy. Was it because of the truth about his mom, or was he unsure about how to accomplish his mission? Deathbringer turned towards the mainland and took off into the night sky. 

Sneaking into the Scorpion's den wasn't hard. Deathbringer's dark scales easily blended in with the starry night sky. He found the area of the city Thorn controlled and slowed his dissent until he landed on a tall building. The Scorpion's den was just as he remembered it; loud bustling crowded streets full of sandwings pushing past one another trying to get to wherever they needed to. Even other tribes were seen occasionally. A dark brown mudwing was bartering with a shopkeep for meat, a couple skywings were flying over the city a ways away, and a green seawing/sandwing hybrid was walking the streets like any other dragon. Deathbringer wondered how anyone could live here. So many dragons, all in one place, not one of them trustworthy. How could one fall sleep at night here? Its like they were asking to be stolen from or killed. Deathbringer might've only been seven years old, but he had seen enough to know you don't sleep in a place with this many dragons, especially ones you don't know. Crowds created chaos, chaos created confusion, confusion led to distractions, and distractions led to death. A painful one at that. While these thoughts were in the back of his mind, Deathbringer continued to scan the crowd below. Finding the perfect target would be difficult,  it would need to be someone he could easily knock out out and move.