"I wouldn't," Mike warned, lounging comfortably across the couch while everyone else was too busy to take up the other two spaces. "We all know what Colby's like, he'll snap our necks for disturbing him normally, not to mention when he's finally getting some peace."

"He looked peaceful," I admitted. "They pretend to hate each other but I'm pretty sure we all agree it's bullshit, right? It's just the only way they can ignore their bond."

"That won't work for much longer," Sam stated matter-of-factly. "They're falling, and fast lately. I give it another few days."

"Tops," Corey agreed.

No matter what my opinion was of Colby and his forced relationship with Amira, I had to admit it brought a smile to my face. Imagining the similarities between them and how well they would get along if they just accepted that they liked each other, I could see them being one of the happiest couples we'd ever met. It was just getting there first.

Their biggest obstacle was themselves.

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

AMIRA ANDREWS

Colby was up a whole two seconds before me, so I was able to move when I opened my eyes. The heavy weight that had been on top of me all day still lingered on my body, and I almost missed it. Despite how cold his skin was, it had been like a weighted blanket.

Taking a whiff of the room, I noticed something strange. Besides Colby and I's scent, there was something else in the air. Someone else's scent. I paused on my way to his door, raising my head to get a better reading. I'd gotten used to the clan's individual scents, and this was most definitely one of them, but it wasn't strong enough to actually be in the room. I followed it to the door, where it was strongest.

"Tara's been in your room."

Colby's head snapped in my direction in the corner of my eye. He was at his closet looking inside before, but now he was glaring toward me.

"I can smell her," I told him, scrunching my nose.

Somewhere downstairs, I just about caught the sound of someone laughing, and someone else's quiet female voice. "Uh oh."

"She's fucking dead," Colby snarled to himself as he pulled a shirt out of his closet. I hesitated for a moment, considering what I was going to say.

"Want some help?"

"No." He sounded pissed — the kind of pissed even I would be scared of if I knew he couldn't hurt me because of the bond. I wouldn't like to be Tara right now. She was about to be murdered.

I decided to leave him to it. As entertaining as it would be to see this feud, I had better things to do with my time. I showered and changed into a black crop top with straps crossing around my waist and a layer of fishnets across my chest and down my sleeves; I was wearing another skirt, too, this one made of a mesh material with multiple layers. Like an emo tutu, almost.

The whole time I was getting changed, I could just about hear Colby going off at Tara downstairs. I didn't care enough to listen too closely, but I got the gist of it.

As I walked downstairs, Tara was to the point of yelling at him. "Seriously?! Get your head out of your ass, Colby. It's just a fucking room."