Bonus chapter III: Rora and her wish

Start from the beginning

She couldn't find Soap to pester like usual, so she went to find Gaz or maybe even Price, but both of them were out for some briefing. She didn't quite understand, but she was already up and going before the man in the cafeteria could explain it to her.

It looked like she had to find Ghost.

Running around the base in this heat was a workout on its own, the men around her all changing into some more breathable clothes. Their complaints were amusing, her smile widening as she heard more and more curses at the fucker that broke at AC. When other people were frustrated or angry, it made her happy for some reason.

Seeing chaos outside around her instead of in her own eyes in the mirror was refreshing.

The only problem was that she had no idea where the masked man could be. And he was really good at avoiding people if he wanted to.

„Hey, Díaz!" she called after the short Mexican man, his head snapping up at her sharp voice. She sent a smile to him, not slowing her steps as he fell into step with her. „Have you seen Ghost?"

„H-he's in the gym," Díaz stuttered, her smile turning a little more friendlier. He was a kind man, his only weakness being his stutter and fear of storms. He reminded her of a puppy. „He asked not to be disturbed."

„Got it, thanks," she nodded at him and took a turn to the left, heading straight to the gym.

Not many of them used the gym here, the room being a little smaller than they were used to and almost everyone preferred to workout outside, preferring the fresh air over the air-conditioned one. But in this heat, it didn't really matter where were you, right now inside was just as warm as the outside.

As she made her way down the hallway, she didn't meet anyone, which was kind of odd. Maybe the others really took his words seriously not to disturb him. Ghost could be very intimidating most times, but she had a wild card.

A wild wish, you could say.

She knocked on the door three times before bursting inside. She wasn't that barbaric to not even knock. Even though if it were somebody else inside she wouldn't even think about knocking.

„Hey Si-"

The words got caught in the throat as she watched the scene in front of her, suddenly barely remembering how to breathe.

There he was laying on the bench, pushing out more weight on the bar she had ever seen, a low grunt leaving him. The dark grey T-shirt he was wearing stretched across his chest and deep down she hoped it would snap. From that angle, everything about him seemed unholy: the shoulder-part man spread, the bulging muscles, and the grunts took away all her thoughts.

„What?"

She didn't notice when his eyes snapped to her, his rough voice cutting through the air. Rora took one more moment to appreciate the way the dim lighting did wonders for him before clearing her throat.

„I'm bored."

He let the bar packed with weight just barely touch his chest before he pushed it out again, another grunt coming from him. She had to clench her thighs together.

„And?" he asked, clearly not amused by her. She didn't care, though, as she placed herself down on a mattress and leaned back on her hand, watching him.

„I missed your joyful personality and dashing smile."

With a loud noise, he put the bar up on the stand and sat up, his dark eyes sending her a death glare. Rora only just now noticed the different balaclava on him.

This one was thinner, more breathable than the others, giving away more of his features. Seemingly he had a strong nose and a nice jawline, which was prominent even through the black fabric.