• Chapter 5 •

Silence fell above them as the squad made their way towards the building Alpha Team was supposed to secure. After the successful rescue by air support, they were quick to move onward, and by Ghost's words, 'they have wasted enough time'.

Rora was deep in her thoughts, trying to shake off the memory when he stood in front of her, looking at her like she was the biggest disgrace to society, but there was no man in the world that could make her feel any less than she knew she was worth.

She knew that it was stupid to run in the field with one single rocket, but she did it in hopes of saving her squad. But Ghost was treating her like a fucking child who did something wrong, and it pissed her off.

A loud bang and the soldier dropping on her right caused her to snap out of her thoughts.

„Man down!" she screamed, crouching down in an instant, trying to conceal herself in the semi-tall grass.

She scooted over to the soldier, pressing two fingers to his neck, waiting for any pulse, but after a few moments of waiting, she was sad to acknowledge that there was none.

„More snipers on the roof, take them down!" Ghost yelled over to Soap, who was already on his stomach, lying in the grass, scoping down the AQ snipers from the rooftop. Rora wanted to help so bad, but she and the sniper still weren't friends, so she left it to Soap.

Another shot was fired by an AQ sniper, the bullet landing in front of her by a few inches, causing her to curse under her breath as she tried to stay low on the ground, a few small rocks digging into her arms while doing so.

„How the fuck are they seeing us?" the man from her left asked, his voice agitated.

„AQ's got night-vision! We're sitting ducks out here."

„Soap, keep us covered, we're moving up!" the lieutenant ordered, coming to his feet and being the first to move towards the house they were getting shot from.

„AQ's dug in here" Soap groaned, firing another shot. She watched as a body fell from the edge of the building. „Whatever they're defending it's fucking big!"

The thought of Hassan not even being in the building anymore came to her mind, but she was quick to shake it off. He had to be in there, otherwise, this whole ordeal was for nothing, and the AQs were definitely defending something important. They wouldn't die for nothing.

„7-6!" Ghost called to the soldier behind him. „I want fire on that building now!"

Both Soap and Rora looked at him, the former in disbelief, the latter in surprise. She thought she was the irrational one in the group, making rushed decisions.

„Ghost, we don't know if Hassan's in there!" the Scotsman protested.

„They're forcing our hand! 7-6, hit that building, but don't level it," Ghost said to Kilo through the comms, sending a look to Soap.

The man in front of her, 7-6 reached for the radio, directing his words to the air support.

„Kilo0-1. Call for fire. Target is in the building ahead of us. Do not level the building."

7-6, copy that, making our run," Kilo replied in an instant, flying by their heads in an instant, realizing a few lethal explosions to the building.

There was something beautiful about the explosions, something that scratched a specific part of her brain perfectly. She thrived in chaos, always found something warming about the way things could go downhill in an instant, enjoying the thrill of action. But her favorite things were always the things that could destroy things, like explosives, rockets, grenades, and her own mind.