Voltron was real. It wasn't a myth or legend it was very much real.

Lance gawked at the real life legend that he was piloting, well apart of that legend anyway. He knew about Voltron because of the secret conversations he heard from his father, honestly he knew he was different in many ways but he didn't think his "Human" father knew about this.

He had been grouped into space with Hunk and Pidge and Shiro and Keith, dear lord Lance felt his heart speed with just Keith's presence alone but he couldn't and knew Keith and Shiro were Alphas so he really needed to be careful.

The stars were always beautiful and now he was surrounded by them, "Uh, guys, where are we?" Hunk asked with an audible gulp "No idea. I don't recognize any of these constellations" Shiro said looking out from the windows "Maybe the lion is going home to that planet?" Lance suggested thankful his jacket sleeves were long that it covered half of his hand, "Only one way to find out, take us in slowly Lance" the boy nodded and pushed the controls forward towards the planet when they entered the atmosphere heat surrounded the metal sides causing the lion to shake but the shaking faded not long after and they descended down to the ground Infront of a huge castle.

"That's one huge castle" Lance muttered under his breath as he and the group walked out of the lions mouth, the lion moved and roars causing Lance to flinch and Hunk to panic and hide behind Shiro, the doors to the castle opened up "Uh, oh-kay I guess that's one way to open a door" Lance glanced at the lion then castle and followed the others inside. They walked through the castle that turned on the lights by a mechanical voice and they then met 10,000 year old aliens called Altean's and Lance was so glad he was not the one to get his ear pulled by Allura as he's learned her name but felt bad for Hunk who was caught in that.

His mind however was turning, he was basically trapped in space with a giant Blue lion, a group and two aliens who he's learned are Altean and honestly, why didn't that feel weird to him? I mean, meeting aliens is a different story but why is it that seeing both Allura and the other guy, Coran, makes it feel familiar and safe almost? He doesn't know which is why is mind is turning like a car on high speed. Hunk looked over to Lance seeing the Cubans thinking face and walked over "You alright?" He asked and it snapped Lance out of thought lane "Um, yeah, just thinking is all" Lance waved off the concern Hunk's eyes held but felt his ear twitch in his head, he really wish he didn't have to hide his ears and tail but he didn't want to risk anything for a second.

"We've been asleep for 10,000 years" Lance winced in sympathy for the two aliens, they lost they're home and people to a tyrant that kidnapped Shiro even Allura's heartbroken sobs filled the room and he had the urge to go over to give her a hug but she probably didn't trust him seeing as they've never met before and it would seem weird to the others so he stayed put and let Coran take over the comforting part.

Lance soon followed the princess and the others to the bridge of the castle, they were thrusted into a war that only they could stop. Lance felt both relived and anxiety for two reasons.

1. He didn't want to die and his anxiety would cause unecessary problems (I accidentally spelled problems as porblems. What the fuck) and 2. He wouldn't have to deal with his.... Family.... If he was even aloud to still call them that... He shook it off for now, he'd deal with his thoughts and problems some other time. Now was not that time.

Now was the time to be defenders of the universe.

Voltron.

|| ----------- ||

2/8/24