.•°¤۞ 𝑫𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝑬𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒚 ۞¤°•.

You grabbed the man by the shoulders and asked him again.

"Something happened to him...he was taken!" the man said and your grip on his shoulders tightened as your eyes widened. "He said your name and told me to find you!!"

"What?!" you yelled, noticing the man flinch in fear. You stepped back and let him go, apologizing. "Sorry about that...but what do you mean he was taken??" A plethora of negative possibilities plagued your mind. Was it the eremites?? Is he hurt??

"There's no time to explain! Just come with me!!" he said before running back to Sumeru city. You followed him at once and got more worried by the second. Azrul would have to make something up to explain to Matriarch Babel for now.

.

.

.

You and Kaveh's friend were out of breath as you finally reached Sumeru city. The evening streets were busier than ever and it was only going to be harder to find him. You pushed your way through the crowd and ran over to Kaveh's house.

You knocked frantically, hoping Alhaitham was home but there was no response.

"Come on, come on, think," you murmured, racking your brain to think of how to get in. You recalled that night when Kaveh was drunk and locked out. "That's it!"

You kicked aside the mat and grabbed the key from underneath. Practically bursting through the door after unlocking it, you ran to Kaveh's room in hope to find any clues about his disappearance. The house was eerily quiet and Kaveh's room was empty.

You ran back outside and bumped into Kaveh's friend.

"I saw where they took him!" he said, still out of breath.

"WHAT?? Why didn't you say so from the beginning??" you yelled, glaring at him. "Whatever, forget that, where is he??"

You followed Kaveh's friend as he ran through the streets, keeping up with him through the numerous twists and turns he led you through.

Warning bells were ringing in the back of your mind about how suspicious this whole thing was, but they were drowned out with your worry about Kaveh. For all you knew, this guy could lead you straight into a trap but you didn't even care.

"It's in here!!", he said, running into a small, old building on the outskirts of sumeru.

You followed him inside and coughed from all the dust everywhere. There was barely any light, but from the dim glow you saw a layer of dust covering everything.

"In there!!" he said, pointing to a room. You ran towards it, completely ignoring all signs of danger and stopped in your tracks as you saw Kaveh lying on the floor.

"Kaveh!!" You let out a strangled cry and ran over to him immediately, frantically looking over him for any injuries. He was passed out cold and you felt panic grip your insides.

You fell to your knees beside him and gently touched his cheek, feeling your eyes start to water. You gasped, taken aback as you saw his eyes flutter open. Before you could say anything, he reached up and pressed his finger to your lips to silence you.

"Run..." he whispered weakly.

"What...? No, what happened??" You whispered, your brow furrowing with worry.

"Run...!"

Before you could reply you heard the door shut behind you and the click of a lock. There was a small window in the door and you saw Kavehs friend looking at you from outside. Well, he obviously wasn't Kavehs friend.