.•°¤۞ 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒊𝒄 𝑹𝒐𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒆 ۞¤°•.

"Who is this guy anyway? Is he your friend...?" you asked, tilting your head.

Kaveh scoffed in response. "Friend?? Yea right, I doubt "friends" are constantly opposing everything you say with their own obscene ideas. I doubt they're stubborn an-"

He was interrupted as the door suddenly swung open and the same man you saw the other day stepped out. His gray hair was messed up yet he still stood with an aura of stoicism. There was unmistakable annoyance in his green eyes as he stared at Kaveh, and you felt shivers down your back as his gaze briefly shifted to you.

"My ideas are not obscene, they are just realistic and you are too busy keeping your head in the clouds to acknowledge that," he said, with a flat tone.

"Took you long enough," Kaveh rolled his eyes.

"What's so important that you have to disturb innocent citizens at 2 am with your fanatics," he asked, ignoring what Kaveh said completely. He instead gave you a brief nod in greeting and you quickly waved back.

"Innocent my foot! It's an emergency, of course it's important!!" Kaveh replied, clenching his fists. "My life is in danger and I could die if you don't help!,"

"I still don't see why it's important," the man remarked, leaning against the doorway while crossing his arms.

Kaveh looked like he was about to kick him in the shins, but he regained his composure and took a deep breath. You stood there awkwardly, unsure of what to do in the midst of something that resembled an old couple's argument.

"Of course you don't care about other people's lives, what did I expect from you?" he said, shaking his head.

"I do care. Just not about yours in particular,"

You could see Kaveh's eye practically twitching from restraining his anger. "If you help me then I can get out of your house sooner," he said through gritted teeth.

"Why didn't you just say so from the beginning? Of course I'll help, I'm not a monster," he said, inviting the two of you into his room.

"You...!!" Kaveh began, but the gray haired man left before he could finish.

You followed Kaveh as he stormed inside and admired the large bookshelves that lined the walls.

"Please, have a seat," he said to you, gesturing towards a table with a bowl of fruit in the center. "I apologize, I don't think I've formally introduced myself yet. My name is Alhaitham, I am a mere scholar at the Akademiya and I am part of the Haravatat,"

"Oh yes, nice to meet you," you said, shaking Alhaitham's hand. "My name is Y/N, I'm Kaveh's bodyguard,"

"So what seems to be the problem?" he asked, as all of you took a seat.

"I'm going to die because there are eremites coming after me," Kaveh said, biting into an apple that he took from the bowl. Alhaitham watched him with disdain for a moment before turning to you.

"So what seems to be the problem?" he asked you, ignoring Kaveh's sounds of disbelief.

"Ah well, it's like he said. Kaveh took out a rather....large loan from an eremite tribe and is unable to pay it back. What's worse is that the interest on the loan is huge and now it's almost double the original amount," you said, watching Kaveh look away as Alhaitham's glare practically burned into him.

"I know these eremites," you continued. "They're known to use extreme tactics to get their money back, and with an amount this large, they're not to be messed with. Kaveh's life is in danger which is why he hired me, and I have a few ideas on how to mitigate the problem," you said, clasping your hands together as you explained your plans to Alhaitham.