🍬CHAPTER I🍬

That afternoon two of my best buddies were talking about what should we wear for this year's Halloween, we wanted something extraordinary for us, since it was our last Halloween at Senior High and soon we would graduate. I always loved Halloween since child, but when I moved to Transylvania and met these two idiotic buddies in tenth grade, I truly felt at home. We are both in the same class this year and what makes it more amazing, we're in the same group for the Halloween project our teacher wants us to make some kind of story or proposal that contains "What does Halloween mean to you" and that's the only task that I love for all Senior High tasks. 

I'm sitting next to the big wardrobe in the School Library, searching for Halloween inspiration neither for costumes nor something that I may be able to include in our task. I'm not alone, I'm with two of my best buddies here, and they focus on searching the tradition while I'm looking for information or kind of information about Halloween. All day long I've searched here and there but nothing makes me feel excited about this. I mean, what do you expect when you live in a little Town inside the spookiest country in the world, Transylvania? what could go wrong right? 

Time already pointed 3.45 PM, and we haven't decided what will we wear for tonight Halloween. I groan lazily put the big dusty book beside me and look into the window that is already covered by many Halloween decorations, such as bats, witches, pumpkins, and other spooky things. What a wonderful time of the year, before Christmas Eve. I looked at another book that I already choose and inside it, I found something cool to read. That book contains many superstitions about Halloween. I read for some words and found one that caught my attention the most, it was written... 

"If you hear footsteps following you on Halloween, you should not look around, for it's the dead who are following, and if you meet their gaze, you will die

Makes me wonder what will happen if those superstitions become real. will I be dead soon? I closed that book and looked at my buddies that still on the other side of the Library, looking for something. I approached them while bringing my notebook and sat in front of them. 

"Found anything ?" My buddy is the most popular guy in school because he's a football Captain and of course, he has a good and muscular body that makes him easily get attention from many girls at school. 

"No.. only superstitions.. but we need more than that, right? Besides our deadline is the day after Halloween.. also we haven't taken care of our costume yet!" Replied my other buddy almost as popular as the one before, but not because he's a good guy, but for becoming the worst boy in School. Many girls were also interested in him. 

"It was why I came to ask that, what should we wear for tonight? should we rent or buy ?" I asked them and they closed their book and put it aside and looked at me wondering, "What ?" I continue. 

"Why I didn't think about that before! Come, there's still time... we can go to the Downtown costume shop and we can find a discount there" Said the Captain of football with excitement. 

🎃🍬🔮

We just needed about twenty minutes to arrive at the Costume shop my buddy, Logan told us. When we arrived, I was quite surprised to see many amazing costumes were sold there. Frankenstein, Mummy, Zombie, and many more. It's so amazing! I even saw a dark purple crystal ball shining from inside and attracted me to come closer. I stepped onto the terrace of the shop and screamed my soul out when I saw a slimy monster catching my hand and its jaws opened wide as if, it wanted to swallow me! 

Everyone looks at me while giggling and when I turn around and look it closer, I recognize the eyes inside that monster. That was my cousin that just come to my house a week ago, but he never had some free time with me, because he's a Doctor and his schedule is quite tight, so we barely met. He laughed so hard even Logan and Dorian as well and I stared at him with a boring face. 

"Ha-ha-ha very funny!" I exclaimed with a boring tone. 

"Jumpy ?" He asked and punched me on my hand while laughing at me. 

"Aaawww! What's that for ?! you such a Jerk, Jacob!" I replied and he smiled at me. 

"Don't be so bloody British, Mike.. you no longer live in England, you live in Transylvania.. also I love to see you scream again" He replied holding my shoulder. 

"Oh for goodness sake! I'm so done with you, one more thing...  I'm not scared, I know it's you... I just play along so you'll be happy that I was afraid" I replied and I turned my heels and walked away from him, entering the costume shop while mumbling. 

Logan and Dorian even Jacob followed me entering the costume shop and they tried to chase me but I walked faster to prevent meeting them, I'm so ashamed that Jacob made me scream that loud and make people look at me. I mean, we haven't met but now he's acting like a Jerk, I'm truly hated when he did that. There's also a story that on a winter night, near Christmas, when we seriously prayed upon the table for blessings, Jacob suddenly threw me a rubber snake and said to everyone that it's a Black Mamba, you know the next what happened? I screamed and threw the rubber snake into the candle and I ended up burning the dining table Dad was furious with me, he even didn't talk to me for three days until Christmas. 

Now he did this again, to make me ashamed? what's wrong with him?