"Is there anything else you haven't told me?" she asked, her voice soft but determined.

Jacob hesitated, the weight of his words heavy. "I think so."

Sebastian, ever perceptive, picked up on the hesitation. "You think so?"

Jacob's gaze shifted to the floor before he finally looked up. "I never got the chance to talk to you about James."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

A cool breeze swept through the paddock, sending ripples of excitement through the crowd. Alexandra stood alone by the edge of the track, her eyes fixed intently on the race unfolding before her. Her brother, James, was out there on the asphalt, skillfully maneuvering his F3 car, locked in a fierce battle for first place.

The roar of the engines, the scent of gasoline, and the atmosphere of competition enveloped her, momentarily pulling her away from the emotional weight she carried. She missed her mother, Camille, terribly. Her absence left a void in their lives, and her father, Jacob, was battling his own demons in rehab, leaving her to navigate this world on her own.

In the midst of the race, a presence beside her interrupted her thoughts. She turned slightly, finding herself face-to-face with a man who exuded an air of authority and familiarity. The man extended a hand, his expression sincere.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Lex," he said, his voice carrying a blend of compassion and professionalism.

Alexandra's eyes softened, gratitude filling her heart. "Thank you," she replied, shaking his hand. "It's been tough."

A fleeting pause hung in the air before Alexandra spoke again. "Have we met before? You seem familiar." she tilted her head to the side.

The man's smile faltered, replaced by a brief flash of hurt in his eyes. He collected himself before responding. "Yes, we have. I knew your mother." he smiled sadly. 

Alexandra's brow furrowed as she searched her memory, trying to place his face. "I'm sorry, I don't remember. My memory's been... not so great since my accident."

Understanding crossed the man's features, and he shrugged it off with a reassuring smile. "No worries, it's not a big deal. I'm Christian Horner. Your mother and I were friends, and you used to come to the track with her." he laughed softly. "You used to annoy our engineers down at Red Bull."

Recognition flickered in Alexandra's eyes as she put the pieces together. "Ah! I'm sorry, I think I remember us going to a Gala Dinner that you were hosting."

He nodded a hint of melancholy in his eyes. "It's been a while. Your mother was a remarkable woman."

Alexandra nodded, a bittersweet smile tugging at her lips. "Yes, she was. Thank you for your kind words."

With a gentle pat on her shoulder, Christian turned to walk away, leaving Alexandra to her thoughts. As he retreated, she didn't see the traces of tears glistening in his eyes. In that moment, amidst the roar of engines and the whirlwind of emotions, their paths had crossed, offering a fleeting connection amidst the turbulence of their lives.

After walking away from Alexandra, Christian found himself in the company of Kimi and Sebastian, who had witnessed the interaction with a mixture of confusion and concern etched on their faces. They stood there, a trio of seasoned figures in the motorsport world, sharing a moment of contemplation.

Christian confirmed their suspicions, speaking softly, "She has amnesia about some things, including her past interactions with me."

Sebastian, ever the voice of reason, chimed in, "Perhaps it's for the best. Not having memories of those traumatic times might give her a chance to move forward."