Scare Games

ALMSOT 3K READS???? YALL I NEED TO UPDATE MORE FOR THE APPRICIATION😭😭😭😭

____

It was after school. You were trying to make your way through the crowd, trying to find your lover, Randall. A lot of students were in the crowd, especially for those who were in fraternities and sororities that were competing in the Scare Games.

You made your way through the harsh crowd, trying to find the purple lizard. There was the ROR's taking a group photo in the crowd, but Randall wasn't there. "Maybe he's just late...?" You said to yourself in your mind, not bothering to ask his fraternity brothers where he was due to your shy nature.

Claire from the Greek Council suddenly spoke up to the microphone, making you jump a little. You didn't payed attention to what she was saying . You tried to be patient but tour beloved boyfriend isn't here for some reason. Had he forgot where to meet up? Maybe. He's in a hurry these days...

"Wait!"

A voice that you knew familiar was suddenly heard. You looked back, trying to find the source of the sound only to find out it was Mike himself. You were dying of second-hand embarrassment right then and there due to the green pea. "I wonder what you have in store, buddy..." You mumbled to yourself as you sighed.

Mike said that he wanted to sign up from atop of the car. You knew that it was probably embarrassing, but he had always been bold in certain situations. "You need a fraternity to compete in the scare games." Claire told Mike. Mike, without hesitation, told everyone then and there that he was joining Oozma Kappa. Everyone just chuckled to themselves as that announcement was made. Unfortunately, they count bodies, not heads. A conjoined twin was counted as one person.

You ignored the ruckus and looked around for a purple monster.

"Randall! Oh, thank goodness you're here!" Randall? you mean the Randall that you dated a few months ago? "Sorry, Mike. I'm with the cool kids now!" He replied sheepishly to your friend and went over to his fraternity. You seem skeptical about these group of monsters, but whatever makes your Randy happy!

You went up to the purple lizard and waved hello at him, "You're a little late." You chuckled, which made his heart warm up and made it fuzzy. "I wanna look my best everyday, y'know?" He  smiled back at you.

"You look good without glasses, y'know?" You tried to break the awkward tension by saying something, only to realize it was stupid. "Uh... Y'know? I just realized it now! Since ever since the first day, you didn't use your glasses!" Damn it. Every word you just let out of your mouth made the sentence worse. "Oh... Uh, thanks, hon." You felt awkward when he told you that, as if it was forced. You wonder if this interaction made his frat brothers gag.

There was another awkward silence. You didn't know what to say, and so does he. His frat bros were paying attention to what the Greek Council had to say.

But all the two of you can do is just... Look at each others eyes. As if they were the most valuable jewels in the world.

"So... Uhh... Who ya cheerin' on?" Randall broke the tension, "The ROR's or Oozma Kappa?" The question made you think for a while. You never thought that Mike was the type to like the idea of being in a fraternity, but here he is. Oh if only you could tell Mike that this wouldn't be a good idea, but his dreams on becoming a scarer is like a drug. He can't get out of it.

"It's 50/50." You replied, "Sorry, can't decide!" You let out a chuckle, Randal awkwardly chuckled as well. "Well, good luck, Randy."

"Uh, yeah. You too!" Randall eyes widened when he said an embarassing line. "Uh.. Yeah." You smiled at him, even though it didn't help the situation.

Why was it so awkward that day...?

•‘~’•

It was the night of the first games of the scare games. You were at the end of the tunnel that connected from the sewer (? I forgot where it takes place). Around your neck was a camera for when Randall and his frat brothers swoop in and win. "This'll be great to make scrapbooks." You thought to yourself as you checked the quality of the camera by just doing a selfie.

You can hear how loud the monsters were hyping the games up. This is probably one if the many reasons why you didn't go in the sewers. Too rowdy and noisy. And too many sweaty monsters, it makes your mind ick.

Suddenly, the lights went off. The stinging glow urchins were emitting a scarlet light in the dark, you then heard a loud bang from the other end. Which means that the race is on.

When Randall and his frat brothers came in first, you gave the biggest smile to your boyfriend, to which he return it back to you. "Smile!" You said before taking a pic. He looks adorable with his smile.

That's when you realized that Mike and this big blue monster came in. The both of them had big swells on their faces from the glow urchins. The question is, where is the rest of their fraternity? And why are they bickering with one another than just working together?

"Whoah... Whatever happened to them?" You asked Randall

"I... Dunno, (Y/N)..."

After realizing that Mike's fraternity came in last, you felt really, REALLY sorry for Mike. You felt guilty that you didn't warn him about the consequences of his decision. Until it was announced that Jaws Theta Chi cheated, that's when you breathed out a sigh of relief that Mike wasn't kicked out of M.U.