Ep. 1 A day in the life of Snatch

"We are running low on money, go easy on buying thing for now," said Josey as she shared her dinner sandwich with her brother.

Then John protested,"What if I earn us some more?"

"Well, of course, as long as you use the money that you earn," she said as she thought,'It's not like you earn enough for even a bread bun though, and nowhere near enough for an entire apartment.' That's why they lived on an apartment building roof secretly. 

Josey said her goodnights to the blue eyed boy and then went to sleep in her cheap blankets.

When she woke up she remembered her current situation, so went out to scout out any possible places to steal or people to steal from and told her brother to stay home 'til she got back. Once her target was spotted she quickly went to put her rollerblades on and came back before the person could walk far.

The target was a young man holding books presumably from the book shop nearby and his wallet was loosely and lazily put in his back pocket. The perfect target.

Snatch put on her mask and hood, which wasn't a rare thing in the city, and "accidentally" bumped into him and pushed him over. She stopped, apologised and helped him pick up all of his books. While she was giving him the books, she secretly smuggled his wallet into her pocket sneakily and said goodbye.

She knew the man wouldn't notice until he got home and he most likley wouldn't suspect that she stole his wallet since she acted very kind and helped him and chatted a bit. Little did he know that she fed him mostley lies.

When the young thief finnished her stealing, she did a circle around the compound to not act suspicious and then went home.

"Brother, I'm home!" she shouted quietly,

"Hey Rosey, wanna see what I made?" he said,

"Not if you call me that! Please never call me that again," she protested and she went to see what painting her little brother made.

(Yes, I drew this.)

"Woah! You're getting better everyday! I don't understand why no one's buying your paintings," she said

"Hey, when you went out today did you manage to get anything?" the young boy asked.

"Oh, yeah I managed to steal a wallet, I didn't check how much was inside it though," said Josey, so she began to hack the electronic wallet to check how much money there was with her brother and when it was opened she was surprised to see a fair amount of change.

John jumped with excitment and said,"Wow! That's so much! Can we take away the limit now?"

"Sure, do you mind waiting here while I get us something to eat?" the young thief said.

Josey exited the rooftop she called home and got some cinnamon buns from the nearby bakery. When she was walking back someone approched her and asked her a concerning question,"Have you seen anyone around here on rollerblades?"

The girl raised her eyebrows and said,"Rollerblades? Hmm, I am not sure but I may have seen someone on rollerblades pass my window one but that was the only time I saw them."

"Thank you," the stranger replied and then started walking in a mid-fast pace.

Josey was trying to act natural but inside she was worried, and when she got home, her brother asked if anything was wrong since she had a wide eyed scared expression.

She decided that her brother needed to know and it would lift some of the weight off of her shoulders.

"Ok, maybe it's not alright. When I was coming back with food someone asked if I saw anyone wearing rollerblades! Do you know what that means? That's right, people are starting to notice me and might catch me!" is what the girl said while shaking her brother's shoulders.

"Hey, It'll be alright, you just need to be more careful. Look on the bright side, atleast we got this before you have too much trouble stealing," he said while pointing at the wallet.

Josey thanked her brother and wished him good luck selling his painting after he was finished eating and he went out.

Thank you so much for reading! This story is so fun to write and I have a whole plan for what to write next! If you have any questions, just ask and I will see you in the next episode :D.