Chapter 3 It's Me

Start from the beginning

  Feng Chu rubbed his eyebrows heavily.

  "Let's go racing tomorrow." Chen Qian said, "Fuck, I finally got some free time, and I was as busy as a dog some time ago."

  …

  Ling Yi can't drink, Dr. Zhao told him again and again.

  In fact, Ling Yi likes to drink low-alcohol fruit wine. The sweet and sour drink with a little bit of alcohol couldn't be more charming.

  Drinks cannot be obtained in the nursing home, and Ling Yi is now blind, so it is even more difficult to buy these things from other places.

  Recently, a child came to the nursing home on weekends, about six or seven years old. When Ling Yi went out to bask in the sun, the child often played with Ling Yi with a football in his arms.

  Children like people with gentle and good-looking faces. Ling Yi got his first bottle of green plum wine this year from this child.

  "My mother brewed it herself, and grandma likes it very much," the child said in a childish voice, "I asked her if she could give it to brother Ling Yi, and she asked me to bring it."

  Ling Yi patted the kid on the head: "Thank you mom for me."

  The child's name is Bai Ziyao, and his grandma lives in a nursing home, so he will visit with his parents almost every weekend.

  Ziyao hooked his fingers coyly: "You should thank me, I sent it myself."

  The corners of Ling Yi's lips curled up: "Okay, thank you Zi Yao."

  Ziyao continued to tickle his fingers: "Then——Brother Ling Yi, can you kiss me? Mom and Dad often reward me, and they will kiss my forehead."

  Ling Yi couldn't help laughing: "But I'm not Ziyao's mother. Only mothers can kiss children's foreheads. Outsiders are not allowed to do this."

  Bai Ziyao was at a loss.

  Before he asked for green plum wine, he had agreed with his mother. He said that as long as he gave his brother a bottle of wine, his brother would definitely kiss him on the forehead.

  Bai Ziyao poked his finger: "Then let me ask my mother."

  He picked up the football on the ground and put it in Ling Yi's arms, and ran away "thump-dump-thump".

  Ling Yi heard the children's footsteps getting farther and farther away, and the upward curve of the corners of his lips slowly fell.

  He was about to unscrew the bottle cap of green plum wine when footsteps came from behind. Ling Yi was worried that it was Dr. Zhao coming over, so he wanted to hide the green plum wine in his sweater cardigan.

  "it's me."

  Last night, Feng Chu, Chen Qian and his party got drunk and woke up this morning with a splitting headache. After the morning meeting with his subordinates, he asked the driver to come here.

  The nurse will supervise the patient's diet, so Ling Yi didn't take out the wine, he curled his lips: "Mr. Feng is two hours late, and one day's salary will be deducted."

  "Okay." Feng Chu said, "I'll ask the dean to buckle it."

  Ling Yi smiled and shook his head: "It's okay, I'm joking. Now I don't rely on the nurses much, and I will be discharged from the hospital in winter. If Mr. Feng has a lot of things, he can reduce the frequency of coming here."

  Feng Chu was stunned for a moment: "Where are you going?"

  "Should go back to City C, my home is in City C."