Getting Out

May, 5 2006

1st Person Pov

Djay
I don't know how long I been in here.... All I know is that I'm getting out soon. Everyday is the same old, I can barley get any sleep from the yelling to the cold temperatures. On the day I finally get some shut eye I get awoken by yelling.

"GET YOUR ASS UP 121105" the correctional officer yelled. "Tf..." I said while yawning getting up. "You must not wanna go home" the correctional officer said. I shot straight up not knowing if I heard him right "I'm getting out?" I questioned. "Yes, now get your ass up and bring your mattress, for I change my mind" the correctional officer said before walking away.

I got up and started taking my sheets off my mattress, until I heard my bunk mate lil murda speak to me.

Lil murda

When I was new up in here Lil murda told me how it went down in here, to the hookups on how to get contraband from the janitors to who to mess with and who not to mess with

When I was new up in here Lil murda told me how it went down in here, to the hookups on how to get contraband from the janitors to who to mess with and who not to mess with. That's where I got my tape recorder so I can keep making music locked up.

"Manye....  Officer Kelly always hollering early in the fucking morning" lil murda said while hopping off the top bunk.

"Oh shit, you getting released?" Lil murda questioned while walking to the desk where all his hygiene supplies at.

"Hell yeah" I said while getting the rest of my stuff and putting it in my bag we get when we come in here.

"That's wassup" lil murda said coming to dap me up.

"Damn manye , already leaving" lil murda said while leaning on the walll

"Yeah, I gotta get outta here so I can keep making hits" I said

"Damn manye.. shit Finna be quiet without you here" lil murda said

"Manye don't get all sad on me, when you Finna get out" I said

"Shiiiii I don't even know anymore, they keep adding shit on my charge" lil murda said while stretching

"Shiii well whenever u get out yk where I'm at I'll get you right. Preciate everything you did up in here for me, you anit had to do allat" I said while gather all of my last things.

"Don't even worry abt it many-" lil murda was saying till he got cut off by officer Kelly on the intercom.

"121105 HURRY UP SO WE CAN BUZZ YOU OUT" officer Kelly yelled.

"You better hurry up for they change they mind" lil murda said while laughing

"Alr man, I'll see you whenever you get released" I said while dapping him up.

"Alr man" lil murda said while walking out the cell to the showers

I walked out right behind him holding my mattress and my bag. I heard a buzz then the doors opened then I came face to face with officer Kelly.

"I was hopping we could keep your ass longer, we don't need another thug in the streets producing poison for our children" officer Kelly spat out.

"Always hatin, anit shit change" I said while walking out with my stuff.

"Anit nobody hatin on you player, all I'm sayin is you think "whoop dat trick" is appropriate for our kids?" Officer Kelly said while leading me to the processing room

"Manye listen, your kids don't gotta listen to my music. " I said while walking

"But they are, and they are gonna grow up to be dirty thugs in prison, just like you" officer Kelly said

I was getting pissed and he knew I was, but I know he was tryna get me mad so I can punch the shit outta him, and he can put another charge on me and keep me here, so the rest of the walk I just ignored his hatin ass.

Soon we made it to the processing center, the officers took my mattress and my bedding and then they lead me to where my belongings were at before I was arrested.

I changed into my woman beater and jeans then I had to sign a whole lotta papers. Once I was finish two people walked me through the side doors and I was finally free.

I took a deep breath of the fresh air because everyday for 11 months I smelt shit and sewer water in that dirty ass prison.

When I walked out the prison through the side doors I saw a white low rider with the windows tinted that keep honking at me.

"Manye, what the fuck they keep honking for" I said while walking

Then the windows pulled down and I saw a big dude with a white button down and a small fro smiling all big and shi. "WASSUP DJAY" he yelled. "Key?" I said while walkin up to the car, I couldn't see well because I was so far away.

"Yeah manye it's me, damn it's been a minute" key yelled

"Yeah a hot minute" I said while finally making it to the car

"Why you standing there manye hop in" key said while laughing. I hopped in and key dapped me up.

"Listen manye" key said while turning up the radio.

I started listening closely and then I heard whoop dat trick on the radio. I started thinking about how Nola really put that to heart when I told her she was in charge.

I started smiling, it was nice hearing the song I worked so hard on, on the radio.

"Damn manye, Nola did the damn thing" I said while laughing

"She really did" key said laughing

"First day out huh? Where to" key said

"Shiii, I don't know" I said

"Take me to the strip club, haven't seen somthin in a minute" I said laughing

"Alright manye, to the strip joint we go" key said while laughing

My first book🥹 im sorry that it's short, I'm gonna try  to upload a lot. Comment and vote