014: super badass

Start from the beginning

"I guess?" Glenn replied, unsure of his answer. "What do you consider 'cool'?"

"Living in a prison." Carl answered, enthusiastically, as they entered the hallway Rio had just watched Glenn disappear through.

"Okay, it's not as cool as you're making it sound."

"Awe."

They went through a room, it was surprisingly empty. Not even a noticeable amount of blood or dirt. Glenn led them through another room into C-block.

"What do you think?" Rick asked them, walking down the stairs. Daryl followed behind him crossbow in hand.

"Home, sweet, home." Glenn replied sarcastically.

"For the time being." Rick said, a small smile creeping onto his face.

"Is it secure?" Carol asked.

"This cellblock is."

They all looked around in awe, they actually had a place to stay, and they had beds. Rio turned to Carl, just as exited as he was the night before.

"What about the rest of the prison?" Hershel asked, taking a look around.

"In the morning, we'll find the cafeteria and infirmary." Rick answered.

"We sleep in the cells?" Beth questioned.

"I found keys on some guards." The man nodded, holding them out. "Daryl has a set, too."

"I ain't sleeping in no cage." Daryl stated, heading back up the stairs and setting down his bag. "I'll take the perch."

"Come on." Carol said to everyone.

Rio and Carl followed Beth to the upstairs cells.

"It's pretty gross." Beth said, setting her bag down on the bottom bunk.

"Yeah... remember the storage units." Carl grimaced.

Rio ignored them, pulling himself into the top bunk. He lay down, a weird feeling to be back in a real bed. His own bed."Carl get up here, the beds are actually comfortable." He called down.

Beth let out a surprised laugh as she flopped down. "They are!" She exclaimed.

Carl clambered up, lying next to Rio. "Oh my god, your right."

Hershel walked in, standing, smiling in the doorway. He watched the two boys who were laughing with Beth. "You find your cells yet?" He asked.

"Yeah, uh, yeah. We were just seeing Beth." Carl stumbled over his words. They both climbed down, Rio holding back a laugh and headed out. He shouted 'see you soon' to Beth just before Carl hurried him away.

They looked between the two cells next door, unsure of which one to take.

"We could share if you want." Carl suggested, turning to Rio. The other boy thought for a moment. He'd never had his own bedroom before.

"I don't know." He said teasingly. "Maybe I'll just go next door, you snore too loud."

"That's such a bad excuse."

"I think I'll go next door, I wanna have my own room."

"It's cool." Carl replied, honestly not bothered by the rejection.

"Cool." Rio mocked, doing his best impression of Carl. He just shook his head and dropped his bag into his cell. Rio sat sown next to him, bag still on his back.

"I though you were taking next door."

"I am," he replied. He just looked straight ahead, letting out a long sigh. "It just— it doesn't feel real, does it?"