evie sarcastically rolled her eyes, "whatever."

she grabbed her lip liner, lining her lips, before looking back at her dress that laid on her bed.

she told ashtray she was changing, before putting the phone down so it would face the ceiling.

she slipped on the dress, smoothing it down as she looked at herself in the mirror. the dress was light purple, and sparkly.

she grabbed the glitter that set on her desk, putting it on her eyelids and some on her cheeks, before putting the phone back up.

ashtray looked at the screen, watching as evie put her arms up and spun around.

his eyebrows raised as he watched her, a smirk coming to his face. "you look good, ma." he complimented.

evie felt her stomach turn, heat rising to her cheeks. the nickname sounded perfect coming from his mouth.

evie smiled, "thank you."

ashtray nodded, as a way of saying you're welcome. he continued to listen to her talk for awhile, before she told him she was going to be leaving soon, and hung up.

evie felt herself smiling as the nickname and compliment repeated over and over in her head.

she took a few pictures of herself, before getting a message from cassie, that she was outside.

evie jogged through her house, out her front door and to cassie's car.

maddy, lexi, and cassie all cheered as evie got in, making evie smile before joining them.

"you look so cute, bitch!" maddy smiled, giving the girl a side hug as evie thanked her.

evie watched maddy pull out a gatorade and take a drink, but as her face scrunched and she stuck out her tuck, she quickly realized it wasn't just gatorade.

maddy shook it in front of evie, "want some?"

evie shrugged, taking it from maddys hand and taking a sip of it. she had almost the same reaction that maddy had.

maddy chuckled, before handing the bottle to lexi.

"what is it?" lexi asked.

"gatorade and everclear." maddy answered, as lexi took the drink with a shrug, "fuck it."

maddy began dancing, nudging evie to join her.

the drive wasn't very much longer, before all four of the girls got out of the car and walked side by side.

"i feel really good about tonight." cassie shared.

"really?" maddy turned to her.

"i feel like it's gonna be boring." evie shrugged.

"yeah. i mean— i was thinking, this is the first time since the beginning of high school that i haven't like, been in love with somebody." cassie explained.

"honestly, i love that for you." maddy nodded.

the group bumped into a few people on the way in, but all looked at the decorations in awe. they thought the room looked beautiful.

they walked together, holding hands, to the table where their other friends sat. the four greeted rue and jules with hi's and hugs.

evie smiled at rue, "you look so good, rue!"

rue smiled, "oh, thank you."

although evie didn't know jules that well, she still have her a hug. "you look pretty!"

jules smiled at her, sipping her around. "look at you!"

eventually everyone sat down, and kat had joined them.

"hi." kat smiled at she sat down.

there was obvious awkward tension, which made evie annoyed.

"hi, kat." she smiled, giving her a wave.

the group sat together and watched everyone dance, before falling into a deep conversation about life.

evie felt that it was getting a little depressing, so she said her goodbyes before joining the crowd in hopes she would find people she knew.

"evie!" she heard, before she got grabbed and spun around.

she smiled at braylee, "you look so good!" braylee told her, as she brought her into a hug.

evie thanked her, complimenting her as well before the two started dancing together.

the night started to feel fun for evie, she was enjoying herself. her and braylee laughed and danced together for awhile, before a few of their school friends joined them and evie felt herself getting pulled away.

"evie." she heard seth's voice, making her sigh.

"hi, seth." she greeted.

"you look pretty." he smiled at her, raising her arm as he looked at her.

evie chuckled, putting her arm down. "thank you."

"wanna dance?" he asked, pointing back to the crowd that was still dancing.

evie thought about it, before shaking her head. she began to walk off, but seth grabbed her arm.

"why you keep rejecting me, evie?" he laughed.

"i have someone in mind." evie told him, pulling her hand away.

and she did, no matter how much fun she was having, she couldn't seem to stop thinking about ashtray.

SLUMPEDDPschool is so overwhelming i haven't been to like real school since 4th grade bc i moved and covid and i'm supposed to be going back this year but i'm so nervous and i literally don't know nothing about switching classes or none of that cs...

SLUMPEDDP
school is so overwhelming
i haven't been to like real school since 4th grade bc i moved and covid and i'm supposed to be going back this year but i'm so nervous
and i literally don't know nothing about switching classes or none of that cs i haven't been since elementary 😐😐

.