Volume 1; Chap 8.1

When Atsushi finally built up the courage to walk into the Agency's office, he was dumbfounded by the scene he had walked in on.

There stood Kyouka dressed in a maids outfit with the Agency gushing over how cute she was. You stood next to Junichiro, who was snapping pictures, small-clapping while Kyouka spun.

“What is going on here?” Atsushi asked with a deadpan face.

“It’s pretty amazing, right? She looks so incredible in just about anything.” Junichiro said, noticing Atsushi’s sudden appearance.

“That’s..not what I meant..” Atsushi responded. “Mr. Kunikidaaa..” Atsushi groaned to Kunikida, who was typing on his laptop on his desk.

“Don’t blame this on me, you wanted to save her.” Kunikida responded.

“Is this really alright?” Atsushi mumbled.

“I’m not sure myself.” Junichiro said to Atsushi.

“Even if everyone else is fine with it, Ranpo’s a real stickler for the rules.” Atsushi said, looking back at Kyouka and the Agency.

“Oh, I wouldn’t worry about him.” you smirked.

As if on cue, Ranpo burst through the door with a paper bag in his arm filled with sweets and treats. “I’m back!”

“Look what I brought!” He began to introduce Kyouka to all the treats he had brought to show her.

“Ranpo’s actually into it the most.” Junichiro finished.

“This is the snack that changes color when you mix it!” Ranpo showed Kyouka a packet, “This one was [Y/n]’s favorite and it still is!”

Kyouka and Ranpo turned to look at you which you flinched to and a red hue engulfed your face and tip of your ears at the sudden attention.

“Eheh, yeaa.. I wanna see, too!” you ran over to Ranpo and Kyouka to watch the candy change color.

“Go ahead, try it!” Ranpo handed the candy to Kyouka.

Ranpo led Kyouka through the steps while you watched with a smile. In the end, Kyouka had a candy on a stick in her hands as she stared at it with awe.

“Lemme try a little bite.” Ranpo said before eating the whole thing in one bite, which caught everyone off guard

“So do you know who asked her to come visit the Agency?” Atsushi asked Junichiro.

“It was me.” A stern voice said from the door.

Everyone slightly gasped when they saw it was the Agency’s president at the door.

“President!”

“What’s our current status?” The president asked as he walked to the center of the room.

“The Port Mafia erased her identity.” Kunikida answered, “so the police haven’t found her yet, sir.”

“I’m sure they’ll label her as a fugitive soon enough.” Fukuzawa responded.

Kyouka walked up to the president with a stern face.

“Please let me stay here.” Kyouka looked up at the president. “I’ll do anything.”

“I don’t recommend it.” Kunikida interjected, “Not because of your background or not having a job for you, it’s for your own sake. It’s a difficult life.”

“Besides, if you stay here the Mafia will find you. Shouldn’t you run as far as you can?” Atsushi added.

“Akutagawa..he told me that the only thing I was good for was killing people.” Kyouka started, “but he’s wrong. I have to prove that to myself.”