Volume 1; Chap 5.1

The sky was dark and the streets of Yokohama were busy. The lights of the stores along the side light up the streets.

On a small gap between two buildings, stood a girl. She had blueish hair tied into twin tails in front of her shoulders with lilies at the start and a white headband. She wore a red kimono with a yellow bow at the back

She stood as still as a statue. It's as if she was waiting for something or someone. Her phone kept ringing but she paid no mind to it.

Two teenage boys were about to walk past her until they noticed the girl. They stopped and looked at her.

"Hey girlie, you waiting for someone or something?" The one with a green hoodie asked.

She didn't respond.

"I'm pretty sure this is where I saw her yesterday too. It's like she hasn't even moved. Maybe she's actually a mannequin." The other one chuckled.

She still paid no mind to them.

"Oh, look, she blinked." The one in the green hoodie said.

The girl's phone still rang. She looked up from staring at the ground. She began to move forward, which caught the two boys off guard.

The boys looked at her as she continued to walk forward.

The girl grabbed onto the sleeve of a brunet walking by.

He stopped and looked at her, "uh, can I help you?" Dazai asked the girl.

Her bangs covered her eyes as she looked down.

"Found you." The girl said. She pulled out her phone and flipped it open.

"Uh.."

Purple strings of Japanese kanji emanated from the girl. Dust flew everywhere and blew both their hair.

Dazai's eyes widened as he gazed at the being that was summoned behind her.

"This can't be good..." Dazai mumbled.

▏°*⋆~ ❀ ~⋆*° ▏

"-but still.."

You walked into the Armed Detective Agency office and saw Atsushi standing in the middle facing Kunikida, Kenji, and Ranpo.

Kunikida was typing on his computer, Kenji was admiring a plant, and Ranpo was facing the window while munching on his chips.

When you walked in, Atsushi turned to you and perked up.

"Ah! [Y/n]! Perfect timing." Atsushi smiled.

You tilted your head to the side in confusion.

"I tried calling you and Dazai but neither of you answered so I was getting worried. You weren't in your apartment either, but now that you're here, I'm sure Dazai's fine too." Atsushi sighed in relief.

"Actually, I haven't seen Dazai all morning." You said as you walked closer to him, "and I wasn't in the apartment because I stopped by a donut shop on my way here." You walked towards Ranpo and placed a bag on his desk.

Ranpo slowly turned around and smiled at the bag. You smiled at him and turned back to Atsushi.

"In fact, I don't think Dazai even came back last night." You said to Atsushi.

"And you aren't worried?" Atsushi asked.

You stayed there with a dotted face for a moment before shrugging.

"I can look into it." A new voice said. Everyone turned to see Junichiro standing in the doorway.

"Junichiro, are you feeling better now?" Atsushi asked.