𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.

Start from the beginning

He takes a swig of his beer and another. When he reaches the wall he is approaching his bottle is already empty.

"Need a refill?"

Charles looks up and sees Kika standing next to him. She smiles and points at the empty bottle clutched in Charles' fist. He nods and she takes it from him before disappearing into the kitchen.

He turns back to look at the dancing crowd. Fayen is now dancing with Grace and it looks much better in his opinion. He hears Lando make encouraging sounds to support his girlfriend which makes the two women laugh.

"She is amazing, I wonder where she learned that." Kika is back and holds out another beer bottle at him. The song had ended but clearly the playlist had more of the same music because the dancing continues easily into the next song. Charles hums at her remark before taking the beer from her outstretched hand.

"I mean, I am not even that good and I am from Portugal." Charles turns to her, finally ripping away his eyes from Fayen. He cocks an eyebrow at her.

"I didn't take you for the jealous type."

She snorts at him. "I'm not, it was just amazement and a compliment."

"Well, if you are also good at dancing, why are you not mixing with them?"

"I was, just before you entered. I needed to satisfy my curiosity." her tone is conspiratory and she gives him a sly smile. "Did you make good use of the time I gave you in Paris?"

Charles chuckles. "I still owe you a thanks for that."

"Just tell me what happened and we're even," she laughs and takes a sip of her own beer.

He thinks back to the conversation they had on the terrace of the bar and suddenly isn't sure what there is to tell. "We talked, cleared up an issue then talked some more. It was nice." He swigs from his beer, drowning the nervous feeling that comes over him. The alcohol flows through his oesophagus and mixes with the already boiling heat there that had started the moment his eyes found Fayen.

"That's good," Kika hums. She gives him a smile and Charles can almost feel her restraining herself from pushing harder on the issue. He rolls his eyes and holds up his bottle in cheers.

"Thanks again, I'll see you around." He doesn't mean to be rude, but he feels like everyone is pushing him in a corner and he just wants to be left in peace, drink his beer and watch the gorgeous woman dance. He downs the beer and makes a B-line for the kitchen. With a new beer he walks through the open doors leading to the garden.

There are a few people outside, mostly smokers. Charles mumbles short greetings but they don't engage. Thank god. He walks further into the garden and finds a quiet place leaning against a wall of the house. He lets his head hang back, leaning against the cold stone and tries to clear his mind. Get rid of the fire in his chest that does just not want to go out. The annoyed and angry feeling that flames while he thinks of the guy that had his hands on Fayen her waist.

Those hands should be his. He should be holding her close. So close he could inhale her vanilla and orange smell and get high of the scent alone. So close that he could feel the warmth of her body radiate to his and hold her so every inch of her body was pressed up against his. He should be able to let his hand travel up her arm, to her neck and caress the curve of her ear. He should-

Charles groans and thumps his head against the stone. What is he doing? He can't think things like that. Can't let it affect him so much. She's Pierre's sister, he keeps repeating to himself. Pierre's sister. But god she's so much more.

The sun set a long time ago and there is no moon to illuminate his surroundings. It is dark around him and Charles finally feels like he can breathe. The early summer evening air smells wonderful and he takes a deep breath through his nose to settle the rage that has festered inside his chest and abdomen.