𝟶𝟶𝟸-𝙰 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚙 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎.

"_" 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍
'_' 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝

......................... ✿♥✿..........................
[ a day before the magic knights entrance exam.]

( Akios p.o.v )

'I've eaten breakfast,now i'll just head out and explore a bit.'

The market place is close to the arena as well as the magic knight headquarters. I looked for the entrance of the black market,which is pretty much a wall cast as an illusion. I found a stall where if you guessed which shuffled cup had a bead under it you would win money. I've played this before and these idiots cheat a lot so i'm pretty used to their tactics now.

I left cackling with a pouch full of money while my opponents were left crying.

"well that was fun."

Just as I left the black market,a child bumped into me running.
A few men were chasing after her,
"get behind me." I said,
"get back here,you little thief!"
they all stopped in front of me,

"do you need something gentlemen?"
"that kid is a thief she stole my bread."
"she stole my apples too." two idiots said.

I looked down to see her,she looked so pale and weak and she had dark circles around her eyes,I bent down and asked her,
" did you steal their apples and bread."
she started crying again and said,
"y-yes but my brother and *sniff* i were hungry,I o-only took one apple and a bread."
"i'm sure you gentlemen won't have your business ruined with a missing apple and bread."
"If we don't teach her a lesson now she'll steal from us again!"
"can't you find empathy in your heart to forgive her?"
"No! if we let her go she'll come sauntering in to take more."
and he ran past me pulling her up by her hair.
I've lost my patience with these fools,
I held his wrist hard enough for him to cry out in pain.
"let go of her now,or i'll break that arm of yours."
w-what?!"
I held on harder and he dropped her yelling in pain.
" i'll pay for the things she took."
"you!"
"isn't that what you're angry about,she took it without paying so i'll pay for her."
I paid them the money and i'm sure the look on my face was terrifying as they ran away.
I asked her" can you take me to your brother?"
"o-ok."
She took hold of my finger and led me to an alleyway where a child was sitting in the corner, 'i'm assuming he's her brother.'
He was sitting on a torn cloth and looked equally as unhealthy.
I frowned,"what are your names?"
"I-i'm lily and my brother is Thomas."
I didn't bother asking for their parents as it was pretty clear that either they were orphans or their parents abandoned them.
'what can i do to help these two? there are orphanages in the city i could take them to or should I take them back home to our village orphanage,but taking them back home would take an entire day.'

"would you like to go to an orphanage? there you'll get food,and beds to sleep in and most importantly a roof over your head."

"c-can you really take us!!"she exclaimed.
I chuckled,"of course."

I took them to the orphanage,though the paperwork took me all day.

"well i'll visit you guys from time to time."
" Thank-you mister !" they both exclaimed.
"no problem, and call me Akio."
"ok! akio byee,hope to see you soon!"they both exclaimed.
"bye kiddos."
___________________________
[ at the inn ]

( Akios p.o.v )

' oh gosh! i'm so tired and tomorrow is the entrance exam,who thought the trip here would be so eventful.'

I sat at the bar and ordered a glass of water,I drank it and looked around,the bar was pretty much empty aside from a few people eating and chatting.

The inn door opened and I turned to see his royal highness walk through with a few people behind him.

' those must be the other captains.'

They came towards the bar and ordered some drinks before sitting down,two of them started a drinking contest,the other five were drinking peacefully,I payed for my water and went back to my room to get some rest.

I laid on my bed but couldn't sleep,
'seriously, out of all the times sleep could elude me it was just before the entrance exam?'

I left downstairs to get some wine or champagne,'hopefully drinking something would make me drowsy enough to go to sleep.'

When I reached the bar the captains were still there,though the ones in a drinking competition looked absolutely wasted while his royal highness and a beautiful lady were insulting them.

I sat down beside the beautiful lady and ordered myself a cup of champagne while paying.

As I was drinking I heard them speaking;

"just as i expect from a foreigner with no sense of manners."
-that was probably his royal highness.

"disgusting men."
-and that i'm guessing is the beautiful lady, so she has a grudge against men?

The two in question were laying on the table crowded with empty cups of wine.

Soon one by one the captains left, and after two cups of champagne I became the slightest bit drowsy,' this should be enough to help me sleep.'

I got up and left to my room and his royal highness was behind me retiring to his room as well.

I reached my door and bid him goodnight,
"goodnight,your royal highness."
He just looked at me from the corner of his eyes but didn't reply.
I smiled at him and closed the door.

Just as I expected the champagne was enough,I was able to peacefully go to sleep.
__________________________

[ third person p.o.v ]

A drunk Yami came up behind nozel,
"did mister birdbrain finally make a friend?"
"get lost, foreigner."
"oh is that your boyfriend."
Captain Jack equally as drunk said from beside yami.
"tch,you insolent,mannerless,senseless idiots.

Nozel slammed the door in their faces.

......................... ✿♥✿...........................