Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise

Start from the beginning

Dawn Pov

My birthday party starts tomorrow, all the important family guests had already arrived and went on in their room without even greeting me...

I guess for them, I'm just an insignificant son of a lower branch, not like I care, rather I'm happy they don't have interest in me.

Dawn : Ahh family matters...I was never good with it.

It's the same for parties like that. I'm sociable but at the same time hate noisy and loud places with many people.

From what I heard from the maids, there are at least 50 guests in total...they are surely there to establish relations with the Lavane family while estimating me as an individual.

It's the same for father surely, he isn't interested in me...he just came here to solidify his relation with other nobility while keeping his image as a father in front of others.

If i make a good impression, i would manage to earn more attention from the other families...heh, as if i wanted that.

This might be embarrassing for the employees of this mansion and mother but i don't plan on going on with the lazy noble life.

Nobles' attention isn't wanted, I'm going to make sure no one will come back next year.

Dawn : !!!

I suddenly jolted when 3 knocks were heard coming from my door, weird...the maids would have already voiced my name to announce their arrival.

Mother would have immediately entered after knocking, i don't expect to be treated with respect by the other family members...

Maybe...it's her...

I slowly went on to open the door and surely my intuition was right as my half-sister...the heir of the family.

Wait heir...i just thought about it but is she the heir ? Falmuth work with the law where even if the son is born after the daughter, he will take the place as the heir.

I wasn't announced as such mean that there is forcibly a male among his children...why would father come to my birthday with the heir or other children of his...

And now that i rethink about it, he wasn't very close to his daughter...like they weren't walking together as my half-sister was steps behind...

As my train of thought finished, my hand was already pulling the door open...revealing the same blonde girl with green eyes I had seen earlier.

???: It was about time for you to open this damn door.

She smiled cockily before looking past me, it was basically a request for me to let her in and I just did that.

Moving aside for her to pass, I immediately closed the door afterward.

Dawn : What an odd girl, acting all mature when you are still so young.

???: The same for you, well i already expected it when i saw you...reincarnated i suppose.

It seems I was right, she is reincarnated too...

Dawn : It makes things easier to explain now...

Sighing, I leaned on the door and stared at her while she gracefully sat on one of the many chairs I had in my room.

Our eyes met again...I still didn't know her name...

Sola : I'm Sola by the way.

Dawn : Did you just read my mind ?

Sola : Nope.

She smiled brightly...that kind of smile...it basically means yes but don't ask many questions...