𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

He nodded his head and kept his eyes on the road. I reached for my phone, going through my music playlists to find more songs that were made by my favorite artist. I shuffled through her music, singing to the songs that would randomly play on the radio. It fulfilled a sense of happiness that I wished the entire summer was. Feeling like a hopeless romantic with the most perfect songs playing in the background, the thought of being kissed by the guy that I was madly in love with — all the worries in my life had faded away whenever I was with Rafe. We talked about all the things we were so excited for to happen. Excited for the upcoming fall for us to see the baby growth in my stomach. He would place his hand against my stomach, rubbing it with a soft touch on his large hand. His eyes would glance up to me with happiness forming inside. It broke my heart that I would ever have cheated on the love of my life. He was so happy with me. He kept his pure heart in our relationship, protecting me and keeping me for himself. He loved me. He was so in love with me.

His presence made me feel alive. All the anxiety and stress would fade away whenever he was nearby. I knew he would protect me, comfort me, and love me throughout any time. He was the best thing that had ever happened to me, even though when I met him, he was quite the asshole to people around him — but wasn't to me. He was sweet and open. He was shy at first, his attitude covered his face but he had a soft spot for me. I kept my head laid on his shoulder, my hand grasping onto his muscular arm. He leaned his head onto mine to let me know that he was there. Relaxing to the music that played around up. He listened to the music intently to be able to listen to her music.

9:30 pm.

The lights of the large farmhouse we walked inside of were flicked on by the muscular boy in front of me. He kept his eyes in front of him while he carried some of the luggage out of the car. His family lived in the house beside the one we were staying inside of. The dim lights shined against our skin as he wandered around the home, searching for the master bedroom we wanted to use. Portraits of family members lined the hallway. Their families were dated back to the eighteen hundreds. They were dressed in unique clothing that showed their wealth from the south. South Carolina was home to the Deep South, a rich culture that had an awful past but now was beautiful and breathtaking. The state made sure to educate others based on the horrific past. I loved the south and the beauty that was surrounding everyone that lived in the states.
Rafe loved the countryside as much as he was a city boy from OuterBanks. His family that lived next to the home, were sleeping through the night before we would go over to their house in the morning to eat breakfast. It would be the first time that I would be meeting his family that was on his fathers side since he never had contact with his own mother.

He hated the fact that he was technically without parents. His mother walked out of the family after having Sarah, which left him to believe that their family was the issue and his mother didn't want him. Meanwhile his father would feed into the issue, making him feel bad and blaming him for why his mother had left the family. His family was a big part of his life growing up until his father moved to the OuterBanks. Ward's parents were in South Carolina, only twenty minutes away from the family vacation house that was farmhouse styled. The house seemed updated within a couple of years. Cozy feelings surrounded us while Rafe turned on the lights to the master bedroom. He put my suitcase off to the side and sat my bag down beside it. "You can unpack if you want, or we can go grab some groceries at the store." Rafe spoke as he bent down to kiss my forehead with his blush colored lips. I smiled up at him. "Do we need to bring anything tomorrow for breakfast?" I asked him and stared up towards him. He narrowed his eyebrows while shaking his head almost as if he didn't know if he was supposed to bring anything.

"I'm going to take that as a yes but you didn't know. Let's go to the store." I told him lightly as I laughed at him. He nodded his head. "Let me go grab the rest of our stuff from the car and then we'll head out." He commented. I nodded my head at him and walked towards the master bedroom bed that sat in the middle of a large room. The house was modernly decorated. Shiplap was plastered onto the small old school fireplace that sat in the middle of the bedroom, across from the bed. Multiple large windows were placed across from the bed, covered with white curtains that were meant to be pulled back. The sheets and comforter were white along with white pillows. A couple of throw pillows and a blanket in the color of blue was laid on the bed. I fell back on the bed and laid myself out in a starfish position that was comfortable. "Getting comfortable I see." Rafe laughed his raspy laugh that made my stomach drop. I sat myself up with my hands and stared at him as he placed his suitcase down beside my own. I nodded my head at him, tilting it off to the side and showed him the dimples that sat deeply into my cheeks.