7. The Photographer

It was a gloomy, rainy day in London. Noel sat in a chair scowling. He hated days like this and he hated having his picture taken.

"Ok, I think the rain stopped. Can we do some outside now?" The photographer asked.

"Yeah." Noel said trying not to let the boredom and disdain shine through.
He followed the photographer outside.

"Can you have a seat on this bench?"

The photographer pointed to a bench. Noel sat without a word. The photographer started snapping pictures. Noel's stomach growled. He thought about what he'd like for lunch. His PA usually came along to these things and would order food for everyone, but she was too busy today. Noel sighed then was pulled from his thoughts.

"Do you want to break for some lunch?" The photographer asked.

He looked up at her and noticed for the first time her beautiful blue eyes. They were a darker blue than his own blue eyes and had an even darker blue ring around the blue.

"Nah, let's just finish up." He said.

"Ok." She smiled.

She took a few more pictures then they went back inside the small studio. Noel stood waiting while she sat at a small desk and connected her camera to her laptop so he could look over the photos.

"Ok, here we go." She said and turned the laptop toward him so he could see better. He rested his hands on the desk and leaned down to see. The first picture came up. He looked miserable. He chuckled.

"Fuckin' 'ell. Do I look that miserable in all of them?" He asked.

"Um...yeah, kinda." She chuckled.

They looked at several and he did look miserable.

"You should smile more. You have a lovely smile." She said as she looked up at him.

"I just fuckin hate having me picture taken." He explained.

"Then don't do it." She said.

"It comes with the job I'm afraid." He said and stood up.

His stomach growled again. He looked down at her.

"You hungry?" He asked.

"Starving." She said.

"Let's order some food then you can get some more." He pointed to the camera.

"Ok." She said.

"Whadya want to eat?" He asked.

"There's a great pub down the street. They have amazing fish and chips." She said.

"Ok." He said.

"I can do a mobile order." She offered.

"Nah, I'll go get it. Fish and chips for you?" He asked.

"Yes, please." She answered and he left to go get the food.

She went through the photos again as she waited. She smiled and shook her head. He looked like such a grumpy bastard in the photos even though he was a nice enough guy in real life. She had photographed some real assholes in her day and Noel was not one of them. She studied his face on her laptop screen and thought to herself how beautiful his eyes were.
Noel returned to the studio twenty minutes later with a bag of food in his hand. He set the bag down on the small desk and she pushed her laptop over to make more room. He pulled over the chair he had been sitting in for the photographs and sat next to her. He pulled two cardboard containers out of the bag and handed one to her.

"Thanks." She smiled.

He gave her a nod. They ate in silence for a few minutes then Noel looked at her.