2. The Waitress

He was at lunch with his manager one afternoon when he caught her eye. He thought she was beautiful. Her blonde hair was in a messy bun and her perky breasts were spilling out of her tight white button up shirt. She was busy and he watched her going from table to table. She wasn't his waitress, but he couldn't stop looking at her and wished she was.

She was cleaning a table across from his when she looked over and their eyes met. She paused for a second then went back to work. When she came back to greet the new customers now seated at the table, she glanced over at him and smiled when she saw him looking at her again.

"She's cute."

Noel turned to his manager.

"What?" He asked.

"She's cute." His manager smiled.

Noel chuckled.

"Have you thought about dating?" His manager asked.

"Fuckin 'ell. No." He groaned and shook his head then turned back to look at the woman. She was taking orders then turned. She looked over at Noel and he smiled. She smiled back then walked back to the kitchen.

"She seems interested." His manager said.

Noel turned back to him.

"Nah. She's much too young for me." He said.

"What's age anyway? It's just a number." His manager said just as their own waitress brought their check. His manager took the check and laid his credit card down on the table.

Noel's eyes searched for the woman.

"Is she dating yet?"

"Who?" Noel asked, still searching.

"Sara."

Noel's eyes moved to his manager.

"Fuck knows." He said and his whole demeanor changed.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have brought her up." His manager said softly.

Noel shook his head and shrugged.
Their waitress returned with the credit card and receipt.

"Have a great day." She smiled.

"Thank you." His manager said and stood up. Noel looked up at him.

"Go on. I think I'm gonna stay and have a cup of coffee."

"Ok, see you on Tuesday." His manager said and walked away.

Noel looked for the woman, but didn't see her. He saw one of her tables open as the customers left so he got up and went over to the table. He sat down and waited. Maybe he could at least get her number he told himself. He was feeling rather horny and hadn't had sex since that time with Kimberly. That was months ago though. His divorce was now finalized and he was officially single.

He had gone home and broke down. He had sobbed for what seemed like an hour straight after the final court appearance. It finally felt final and real and it was the moment he had been dreading the most. He felt like a failure.

A few minutes later, he saw her approaching. She smiled as she saw him seated at the table.

"Hi." She said.

"Ello." He smiled.

"Weren't you just seated over there?" She pointed to the table where he had been sitting with his manager.

"I was." He said.

She smiled and gave him a look.

"Can I get you anything?" She asked.