ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁰⁴

Start from the beginning

Itto immediately took notice, "Shortie, are you okay?" Itto wanted to go over there to help Y/n but The Overseer decided to target him, the end of the chain weapon missing his face by a hair's width.

"WHOA-" Itto exclaimed in surprise and fell over. "Ow." He pushed himself up using his hands and locked eyes with Y/n for a second. She quickly glanced at The Overseer before nodding firmly and he understood her wordless gesture.

Y/n got onto her feet and sprinted towards Itto as he did the same. She struggled with her injuries but quickly found her feet and bolted forward.

"No you don't!" The Overseer threw his chain weapon towards Itto again. He jumped to the side, narrowly missing the deployed blades. "Uncalled for, man!" Itto exclaimed while pointing at him.

"I can't believe I have to deal with a bunch of CHILDREN!" The Overseer swung the chain around in wide arcs. Y/n dropped down, ducking beneath the swing.

Itto, however, was caught by the neck. It wrapped itself around the neck and the Overseer pulled hard. Itto resisted, planting his feet into the ground. The Overseer was strong enough to move the oni about a foot towards him as said-oni tried prying the chain off of him.

The Overseer kept the chain taught, retracting it as he walked towards where Itto stood. Once close enough, he wrapped the last section of the chain around Itto's neck and pulled it towards himself, forcing him to his knee while he stepped behind him.

"I'm sick of you two!" He pulled on the chain as he stood behind Itto, forcing him to lift his head while being choked.
"Gah! Can't.... Breathe!" Itto grabbed the chain that was constricting his throat with both hands and tried pulling it off of him, but the relaxants made it difficult to use much if any force.

"Get off of him!" Y/n got up and jumped onto the Overseer's back and began strangling him in turn.

Itto's hand reached out behind him, trying to grab at The Overseer but he only tugged harder.
"Let go!" Y/n had The Overseer's neck squashed between her bicep and forearm and squeezed. He had one hand holding the chain and the other trying to pry the woman off of him.

Y/n saw that his thumb was reaching for the button on the end of the handle and leaned backwards with all her weight, wrenching him away from Itto.

Y/n squeezed even harder, praying that she can choke him out before he can choke Itto out or push that button. The thought of the aftermath drove her to use all her strength.

He grew a little quieter and wasn't resisting as much. Y/n thought he was starting to asphyxiate. However, she celebrated too soon. The Overseer let out a battlecry and fire erupted from his body.

The sheer force of it pushed the two in opposite directions. She could hear Itto gasp for air and felt a moment of relief before her eyes landed on The Overseer.

He was standing hunched over, his chest and back rising quickly with deep, labored breaths. He slowly rose to his full height and Y/n noticed something was definitely off with him.

His medium-lengthed hair was a disheveled mess of black and his clothes no longer looked neat and crease-free. He slipped off his coat and tossed it aside, revealing two glowing pendents on his belt. One was a Pyro Vision and the other was an Electro Vision. It was unclear if one or both were Delusions.

The Overseer threw his hand up and large purples bolts of lightning came barrelling towards Itto in a row.

"NO!" She threw her hand out in his direction and a wall of ice blocked the attack before it could reach him.