Chapter 4

Rob was amazed as he drove his Panamera Porsche into the driveway of Lee's new estate. The contemporary home was huge.

Moms going to love this, it'll be hell for Lee though. She's going to try to have him and this house on the front of all the local society magazines. He thought as he smiled.

Lee wanted to have a real family barbecue. He could've hired caterers but he wanted a private gathering with his family. He asked Rob to barbecue and Rob happily agreed to cook all the food for the gathering.

Rob admired Lee. He was the youngest and created his own success. He loved the fact Lee had started his own business while away in college. His success had nothing to do with their mother like his or Jason's did.

Lee was probably richer than their mother by now. He only talked about his wealth with his family once when Jason asked him how much his company earned. Lee told them his company was on track to earn over one hundred million. That was six months ago. Then Tami suggested Lee should merge his company with hers. Lee hasn't spoken about his business affairs to his family since.

As he arrived at the end of the driveway he parked next to a Lexus that looked very familiar. Where have I seen this car before? He thought. He walked to the trunk of his Porsche to retrieve a few cooking supplies. Then he noticed the license plate on the rear of the Lexus. "HBAD GAL! What the Fuck! That's Heather's car." He mumbled to himself.

Rob walked to the glass door and rang the doorbell. He waited several minutes and no one answered the door. He rang the doorbell again and waited a few more minutes. He pulled out his phone to call Lee. Then he saw him walking towards him down the long hallway on the other side of the door.

This nigga ain't even dressed. Rob thought as Lee opened the door and invited his brother in, helping with his bags.

"What's up bro? Is that Heather's car?" Rob asked as they walked down the long hall.

"Yeah man. Try to stay quiet. She's still sleep."

"Y'all are fucking?" Rob asked barely able to hide his smile on his face.

"Man that's my lady. But don't tell mom. We're not ready for that drama yet."

"Well mom is invited today right?" Rob asked sarcastically.

"Of course she is. Heather will be leaving in a few hours."

"Yeah, moms going to flip her wig if she finds out. How long this been going on anyway?"

"We started messing around a few weeks after I came home from Harvard. I'll tell you about it one day."

"Damn! My baby brother got a whole damn older woman over here and ain't told his big brother anything!" Rob said laughing.

***

Tami was the last one to arrive to Lee's home. She had already seen pictures of the house. She did her research. She knew the purchase date and the price. She even knew the house was paid for in cash.

She was proud of her youngest son the most. Lee was the one people called spoiled when he was young. He hated it so much he got a job in high school. That was something neither of his brothers had done. They didn't work until after college. And even then it was executive roles at The Young Company.

Lee was different. He stopped accepting an allowance at sixteen. Tami would leave a few hundred dollars in his room. Lee would use the money to buy her gifts.

Tami knew then she would not be able to dictate Lee's future like she did with her other sons. Rob was always cooking as a teen. Mostly cause he liked to eat. But he was good at it. Tami suggested he should get into culinary arts. She drilled it in his head. She told Rob if he became a chef she would make sure he had his own restaurant the day he graduated from school.