Chapter 3

Bursts of voices are perceptible, cries of pain or fear, flashes of light animate from time to time the darkness in which he is plunged. Several sets parade: a ravaged room, a utopian landscape... Then everything stops as a voice speaks to him.

"Don't worry, you'll remember everything when the time comes. It is still too early, trust me. »

An adrenaline rush suddenly wakes up Simon in sweat, he straightens up and wipes his face with his sleeves. Who owned the voice that spoke to him? Was it a dream or reality? The clock on the wall reads three o'clock in the morning, a much-needed sleep of more than ten hours. Not surprisingly, when he turns his head, he sees that Mumu is already gone. Honestly he has trouble getting up, unfortunately he is obliged. It's his turn to leave the cozy bed and leave the room to look for his comrade. It is without too much difficulty when once the steps, leading to the room, descended he found her in the corridor accompanied by the head of the guards who seeing him hands him a pastry.

"The police forces left Legenheim this very morning," he warns, "you will be able to frolic safely. But remain vigilant.

"Thank you for everything" thank the teenager while taking the pastry.

"There is no need to thank us. Helping the children of this city is part of our duty. Good luck to both of you."

He accompanies them to the exit to open the door for them. Once the dark landscape of the city faces them, it's time to say hello. They thank them once again and then rush outside, the door closing under a heavy noise. Simon and Mumu roam the streets again, but without any particular purpose. The boy preferred to give his breakfast to his friend, he feels no desire or need to feed. Moreover deep down it is as if he told himself that she needed it more, so he prefers to make a happy. He feels like a feeling of having done something right in the sense that it is as if he has saved someone's life. All he did was give his food to his friend...
Their escapade goes smoothly, finally, until suspicious sounds come to frighten them. They will very quickly hide behind garbage cans for a few minutes to find out what exactly it is.

"We would have to defend ourselves again," explains Simon, "we don't know who we can come across on every street corner."

He begins to think about it. It is not easy to find a weapon without money on the streets. He might try to steal one, but that's clearly not the best plan. Her comrade pulls her sleeve to get her attention by pointing at something. She looks at him with a big smile, proud to be able to help him, and asks with a dynamic voice.

"Could we do that? You see? Can it help? "

Simon looks at her, intrigued, before seeing that she points to a group of people staring at them. He quickly lowers his arm and pulls it in one direction while walking quickly.

"Definitely not! And then... We don't point people like that! It's very frowned upon and it usually annoys people!

"Oh, sorry."

She makes a cute boil that can be hard to resist, as if a little girl wants to be forgiven for a stupid thing she has done. Simon looks at her, unsettled, not knowing if he has been too her, if he has hurt her, or whatever. He lets go of his arm and shakes his hands.

"Don't make a head like that, it doesn't matter!

-You sure? You didn't look very happy before. »

It gets worse, she looks up and tears start coming out. He panics more until she stops and points at something again. This time, it's no longer a person, but a beautiful house. It is a beautiful building that stands out a little from the landscape of other buildings. It is slightly behind, which leaves room in front to a low wall. Here they are again at their starting point of yesterday. He comes to give her a hug to reassure Mumu, she hugs him very tightly in return.