♡ | 12 - Giddy | ♡

"Mui... what's wrong? Did I do something? We don't have to go to the hot springs if you don't want to..." There was concern in Y/n's voice.

"No, no! The hot springs are fine, it's just.. I-"

I want to say it, so badly..

"It's just.. You're.. So.. cute, and.. I-"

I can't say it! I can't say it!

He covered his face with both his hands in an attempt to hide his embarrassment. His voice was shaky.

Is he really this nervous? This.. this is so adorable, and yet.. so funny! Y/n thought to herself.

"Are you... worried about the swimming part?" Her face flushed bright pink. He's a hashira, surely he could swim?

"Oh- no, no! That's not it. Well, it's partly it, but not for the reason you think-" He was still covering his face, but he couldn't hide the blush.

"Oh! Y/n.. um... What I meant is.." He looked at her, trying to put his feelings into words.

Just say it! He thought. It's fine, it's fine.. Just say it!

"I thought.. if we could maybe.. b- become more than friends.. if possible..?" His voice was soft and quiet, but he was very visibly embarrassed. Y/n went bright pink all over.

He... he wants to be more than friends?

"Wait, Muichiro, do you-" She paused, wondering if she was being delusional. "Do you have feelings for me?" Behind her back, she crossed her fingers. She desperately wanted him to say yes.

"Y/n... Yes, that's what I meant." He put his hands down, looking at her with a soft smile. "I like you.. and I want to.. spend more time with you." Muichiro was quiet, but still smiling. "I.. I mean, do you feel the same way? If you don't that's..."

Her eyes shone with happiness and she went bright red. "WOAH, REALLY? I MEAN UM, YEAH UM, WE COULD UM, UH-"

She grinned dumbly, not knowing what to do with herself. All this happiness inside her made it feel like she was going to burst. She forced herself to regain her composure

"You um, you're... S-special... to me..." She mumbled, staring at the floor in embarrassment.

"I um... I have... feelings... not friendly feelings... I MEAN- I am your friend, I don't mean it in a mean way, I mean um, more than friends..."

She stuttered flusteredly. She felt as if her head was about to blow off.

Aww! She's so adorable right now, is her face always this cute? Does she realise how much I like her? Oh, I'm so relieved that she feels the same way...

Muichiro was smiling so wide that his cheeks puffed up. His heart was beating faster than usual, his face burning.

Is this really happening? This.. this is real..

Muichiro then went in for a hug, blushing. He wasn't really sure what to do now.

Don't mess this up, Muichiro, don't do anything that would make this more awkward than it already is.

She felt his arms around her waist and smiled. Wow... this was... not what she expected to happen when she became a hashira.

A flaming blush crept up her face as she cupped his face with her hands. She wasn't entirely sure if she should do what she was about to- but he kissed her forehead AND her cheek in the hospital, surely that meant he was expecting her to give one in return?

She slid her hand behind his neck and leaned in, planting a small, soft kiss on his lips. Her stomach flipped as their lips touched, her heart thumping so hard she was sure he could hear it.

"Mm.." He pulled her even closer, pressing her body against his and continuing their soft kiss.

She's... beautiful. Her hair, her eye... her smile...

He gently lifted her off the ground, holding her in his arms as they kissed.

This.. this is my first time kissing someone. He thought. Am I doing it right?

His whole mind was filled with a flurry of thoughts. But all of that went away, when he felt about Y/n's s warm smile against his lips. He kissed her harder, wanting to be as close to her as possible.

She was happily surprised when he deepened the kiss. She felt as if she was being swept off her feet- it was magical. His lips on hers felt so natural, as if they were molded just to fit onto the others. She smiled into the kiss again, and opened her eyes to look at him.

Y/n had never kissed someone like this before. She never expected it to be like this; this dizzying, this intimate. She felt as if it were only them in the world right now... nothing else mattered.

She pulled away, breathless. He lowered her back to the ground as she cupped his face.

"Y-you're... you're a good kisser..." she whispered, her voice high pitched and squeaky with happiness. She stared into his eyes... he looked...so happy. Did she... did she make him this happy?

"You're very pretty, Mui..."

Muichiro's eyes widened. Is she serious? She's so beautiful... and she thinks I'm the pretty one? He thought to himself.

"Y/n.. you're.." He thought for a moment.

"You're gorgeous, you're beautiful-"

He cut himself off. Words couldn't describe the way he felt about her.

"You're just.. a whole other kind of pretty."

Y/n's smile was so wide that it made her face hurt. All of the stories she'd heard about him being cold and flat... Yet nobody seemed to have even bothered to look for this side of him. His eyes were bright and warm when he looked at her, anything but dull.

Muichiro flushed with embarrassment as she looked closely into his eyes. He felt embarrassed, but also...

Happy.. Why do I feel so warm inside?

"Y/n..! You're.. such a.."

Before he could finish, the words stuck in his throat.

"Y/n, I.."

No, no, no! You can't say it yet, dumbass.

She looked up at him.

"Hmm? What is it, Mui? You can tell me." She chewed on her lip nervously.

"It's nothing.. nevermind."

A moment passed as they made eye contact again.

No, I have to say it now so that I know I've clarified things...

He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close. His voice waverred and shook slightly.

"I want to make it clear that I don't just like you a little bit. I- when I look at you, it's like... I can't even get my words out..."

He stared at the floor in embarrassment. How am I even saying this out loud? My heart is beating so fast...

"And I.. I like you.. I like- really like you."

He sighed, his cheeks red. It was difficult for him to say, but he needed to make things clear.

"I really, really like you."

...

Chapter 13 will be published on 21/08/23

1287 words